Can someone talk me off the ledge for Super Regionals. Been nervous since Tuesday.

Notre Dame has their ace going tomorrow afternoon while Tennessee needs Dollander to pitch at least 7 innings.

Win or season over for Tennessee tomorrow.

I imagine Anderson is suspended for tomorrow's game.

Reactions: jacvols
There were some indications in the SEC tournament that we were getting into some bad innings with high pitch counts, but we kept it compressed into one inning and battled through, but when the curve balls started hanging this month, we are seeing some difficult innings strung togather, and trailing after two innings, and some pretty deep holes to dig out of, not sure why the pitching has been dulled the last 4 weeks, but trailing badly to Campbell and to Georgia Tech were indicators that something wasn't quite right,

Notre Dame has their ace going tomorrow afternoon while Tennessee needs Dollander to pitch at least 7 innings.

Win or season over for Tennessee tomorrow.

I imagine Anderson is suspended for tomorrow's game.

Idk if we need Dollander to pitch 7+. Thought The Volunteer Fireman did a great job keeping them at bay and saving our bull pen, while we got through a couple arms of their own. Get to their ace a bit and we’re fine as long as Dollander can give us 5+

Reactions: Volfan1000
Idk if we need Dollander to pitch 7+. Thought The Volunteer Fireman did a great job keeping them at bay and saving our bull pen, while we got through a couple arms of their own. Get to their ace a bit and we’re fine as long as Dollander can give us 5+
They didn’t pitch their ace. He pitches Sat. So prepare to score even fewer runs. We can’t spot them 8 runs via the long ball. We are lucky they got no other hits to drive in runs. I heard Tidwell threw 52 pitches and 40 for strikes. As large as that strike zone was, he threw too many fat pitches with 2 strikes. At least some balls have to be 3-6 inches off the plate or in the dirt.

Last edited:
They didn’t pitch their ace. He pitches Sat. So prepare to score even fewer runs. We can’t spot them 8 runs via the long ball. We are lucky they got no other hits to drive in runs. I heard Tidwell threw 52 pitches and 40 for strikes. As large as that strike zone was, he threw too many fat pitches with 2 strikes. At least some balls have to be 3-6 inches off the plate or in the dirt.
Yeah every single one of those homers I was thinking wtf is Tidwell doing throwing a fast ball in the center of the strike zone. Of course nd was smiling they were all told it would be super hard and we were the best team in baseball and we made it easy on them. I get that you don’t want to mess up your rotation when you got a whole series but no talking tos and the staff should have realized after inning 2 that this was not Tidwells game and he needed to be taken out.

Yeah every single one of those homers I was thinking wtf is Tidwell doing throwing a fast ball in the center of the strike zone. Of course nd was smiling they were all told it would be super hard and we were the best team in baseball and we made it easy on them. I get that you don’t want to mess up your rotation when you got a whole series but no talking tos and the staff should have realized after inning 2 that this was not Tidwells game and he needed to be taken out.
The starting rotation should have never changed. Tidwell should be in the bullpen.

This aged well.

VN Store

Back