Can Pruitt infractions open the crack into Saban?

Yes we got caught/told on ourselves.... Pruitt seen the way to go about it thru Saban... Hopefully it opens ways into Bama and Georgia... Investigative journalism has its worm to a bigger story if they want it
Yea, they didn’t just come up with this during their time in Knoxville.

Yes we got caught/told on ourselves.... Pruitt seen the way to go about it thru Saban... Hopefully it opens ways into Bama and Georgia... Investigative journalism has its worm to a bigger story if they want it
Nah.

Unless it's stuff like what Baylor did or Penn State and Sandusky, then no. They won't touch them.

That era is over. Saban commented on how much Bryce Young was getting from NIL. There's simply no need to pay players under the table anymore.

Unless a team is outrageously dumb with their NIL program, the era of "they cheated and paid players to come" is over. The Vols have Spyre running the point for our NIL money and I'm sure Bama has a similar NIL organization keeping them competitive.

If anything, NIL levels the field a bit.
that's the shame of it...we're gonna get punishment, though I think light b/c cooperated w/ ncaa, but we should have told them to pound sand for $60K infractions...NIL's probably getting this for one player for upper tier 4*s

I think it’s more likely Saban convinces Peanut brain to let it go and move on. Peanut can only commit complete professional suicide now.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Seems that AL has cleaned up their act a lot after the Albert Means case where they got hammered by NCAA. Not saying they are perfectly clean but I believe Saban does run a pretty clean program, at least to the point that nothing is noticeable. Saban has total control over the AL boosters, they don't do much without his knowledge or approval. And Pruitt has no credibility with anyone now so anything he says about a school will be dismissed as sour grapes.

Not siding with AL here just stating what I've seen from living in AL for several yrs now. And we know Saban is untouchable by the NCAA so even if he was cheating no problem.

Don't get your hopes up. Beldar will never flip on Saban.
I dunno.. I think he is one of those rare souls that could accidently flip, because he is so inept. Sort of like ol' (Lee) Harvey Updike, the tree assassinator. He had the perfect crime if he'd have kept his mouth shut. But Noooooo... Some people can't help themselves.

I dunno.. I think he is one of those rare souls that could accidently flip, because he is so inept. Sort of like ol' (Lee) Harvey Updike, the tree assassinator. He had the perfect crime if he'd have kept his mouth shut. But Noooooo... Some people can't help themselves.

Yeah that dumbass Updyke went on Finebaum and bragged about what he did. Real idiot. Now that Pruitt has been formally charged he has no credibility now anyway.

Reactions: ptcarter
that's the shame of it...we're gonna get punishment, though I think light b/c cooperated w/ ncaa, but we should have told them to pound sand for $60K infractions...NIL's probably getting this for one player for upper tier 4*s
Agreed that punishment now for players getting paid seems laughable.

I HOPE the NCAA is toothless enough now and live up to their statements of not punishing current players/coaches for something that happened before they got there.

All this sucks but the timing of the NCAA being weakened by losing lawsuits, reorganizing itself, and the coming super-conferences means that they may have dragged it out so long that they don't have the big hammer they've had in the past.

Reactions: njvols
I have a feeling Pruitt’s “side of the story” involves UT athletics admin & Fulmer being aware and encouraging the behavior vs ratting out UGA/Bama.
Either way, the entire staff was terminated, including Fulmer. I still say that some of the players who left the program were asked to leave due to their involvement.
No doubt, I was under the assumption from reading articles and several posts in here that the players who transferred where the ones that got paid. I know we paid some players and they didn't come to our school as well.

VN Store

Back