Can football season start this Saturday

Yes... as soon as we can get Al Wilson, Dale Carter, Jason Witten, Travis Henry, Reggie White type players onto the field then I'm All For It!

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Once football season starts we will be begging for the off season
Hierarchy of modern Vol Fan football needs: Coaching search rumors > off season rumors > summer camp > spring game euphoria > actual season > spring camp.

Reactions: tbh
Lower your expectations, unfortunately it’s not going to be fun.
Depends on the outlook. I'm excited to see some blue collar kids out there who really want to be at UT and who actually give a chit about the game and the program. I'm prepared to be outgunned from a talent perspective, but if I see kids out there really battling and making the big boy sweat a little, I'd consider that a successful season and fun. Laying the foundation is never pretty or exciting, but it is necessary nonetheless.

Depends on the outlook. I'm excited to see some blue collar kids out there who really want to be at UT and who actually give a chit about the game and the program. I'm prepared to be outgunned from a talent perspective, but if I see kids out there really battling and making the big boy sweat a little, I'd consider that a successful season and fun. Laying the foundation is never pretty or exciting, but it is necessary nonetheless.
We've been laying the foundation for 20 years

Why? I mean the offseason drama and whatever idiotic moves coming from the administration are the most interesting stuff. The season is usually a letdown anymore..

Reactions: BruisedOrange
13 years or 20 years does it really matter
Yes.

It absolutely does.

Especially to the 22 year old who just graduated from UT. He or she may not have seen great football while a student, but at least they can remember back to good seasons when they were just 8 or 10 years old.

Seven years is a long time in a human life. I mean, heck, some dude was stuck in Tibet that long, and they made a whole movie about it.

Truthfully, I am more excited about this coaching staff, at least we are not hearing the following:

- The butchering of the English language
- Carnival barker shouting slogans
- Football to WWII history comparisons
- How great USCw is and plastering USCw crap all over the football facility

It is refreshing to have a head coach that played the game at a very high level, was a successful player, coached within a successful program, and became a successful head coach. CJH has hired a very experienced defensive staff while bringing his offensive staff that understands and implements his offense, with this approach it appears that he will allow his coaches to coach.

I like what I've seen so far and I'm looking forward to Spring Practice, Fall Camp and how his philosophy translates to game day execution.

GBO

VN Store

Back