Can anyone like Gino!

PICKED out the one I really liked. thanks! I was having to defend PAT to much. Some people just don't get it.

Hey, where did you get your avatar? I took that picture at the Arkansas game. :lol:

That little strip thing,I would like to put my other teams in there mind tellin me how. Your pic draws a tear when I'm at the games,team running through the :good!:pOWER T ,it's something everyone needs to see!!!

TN VS. UCONN POOR GINO PAT JUST GOT A DIVORCE,LIGHTS OUT!Recon he'll make a pass? HA!:dance2::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

I love pat.Grrr at anyone who makes fun of her.

I think only ones who like geno are the uconn players and fans

shoulder, but he is a great coach who has given PS all she can handle and more over the years. He is good at emphasizing defense/reboundlng like PS, and a better offensive coach in my view. There will be some serious bad blood if UT/ct play in the final.

geno has had MUCH better all around offensive skills to work with in the last 10 years as well now.
lets be real.
pat has done a ton...she has gotten a lot of all americans and such but besides Candace and tameka and a few others what has she really gotten on the offensive end that could CREATE their own shot time after time...not much...now i know people are gonna come out if they know much and say im wrong but Geno has had the pg's and the shooting guards to beat UT when he has done it...HE IS NOT A GREAT COACH. but he gets great talent....
HE ALSO HAS PIGGY BACKED OFF THE GAME THAT PAT BUILT.

Summitt gets her team to the final four nearly every year based on defense and rebounding and winning ugly. I'd like to see her win pretty for a change--show me a team for once with three or four players who can score--but it's rare with the LVs. She is very dependent on stars for her offense, and if she doesn't have stars PS teams struggle offensively--we saw it the other night. She's not a very good offensive coach, frankly--and despite all her success and the prominence of the program, her recruiting is a little spotty. Look at this team--a lot of high school AAs and yet there is NOBODY on the team outside of Parker who is a natural scorer--nobody! Hornbuckle is a very talented athlete and looks good at times, but her shooting is erratic and she can go long stretches without scoring. And PS is not good at developing offensive talent. Look at Anosike: Great size and pretty athletic, good defender and a lot of heart, but has hardly developed offensively in four years. Geno does recruit a little better, and he's better at coaching team offense than PS. When geno had Taurasi, he didn't need her to score half the team's points every game because everyone else on the offense was involved and contributed. Parker has to score big for the Vols to beat good teams. Why can't PS recruit a good all-around point guard? She hasn't really had one in a LONG time. Same for center. PS seems to like heady players who, as you say, can't create--look at both Zolman and now Bjorkland. Both top 3 hs players, but neither athletic enough to be big-time in college. PS wins a TON anyway--more than anybody--so I suppose it's foolish to argue with her formula. But she hasn't fared so well against geno in the final four, and I would like to see her put together some teams that are better and more balanced offensively, but I'll be pulling hard for the LVs, and hoping Stanford (very good team) beats ct.

Summitt gets her team to the final four nearly every year based on defense and rebounding and winning ugly. I'd like to see her win pretty for a change--show me a team for once with three or four players who can score--but it's rare with the LVs. She is very dependent on stars for her offense, and if she doesn't have stars PS teams struggle offensively--we saw it the other night. She's not a very good offensive coach, frankly--and despite all her success and the prominence of the program, her recruiting is a little spotty. Look at this team--a lot of high school AAs and yet there is NOBODY on the team outside of Parker who is a natural scorer--nobody! Hornbuckle is a very talented athlete and looks good at times, but her shooting is erratic and she can go long stretches without scoring. And PS is not good at developing offensive talent. Look at Anosike: Great size and pretty athletic, good defender and a lot of heart, but has hardly developed offensively in four years. Geno does recruit a little better, and he's better at coaching team offense than PS. When geno had Taurasi, he didn't need her to score half the team's points every game because everyone else on the offense was involved and contributed. Parker has to score big for the Vols to beat good teams. Why can't PS recruit a good all-around point guard? She hasn't really had one in a LONG time. Same for center. PS seems to like heady players who, as you say, can't create--look at both Zolman and now Bjorkland. Both top 3 hs players, but neither athletic enough to be big-time in college. PS wins a TON anyway--more than anybody--so I suppose it's foolish to argue with her formula. But she hasn't fared so well against geno in the final four, and I would like to see her put together some teams that are better and more balanced offensively, but I'll be pulling hard for the LVs, and hoping Stanford (very good team) beats ct.
I agree with the latter!Gino has not won a title with 10 losses b 4. now, what about coaching,PS does what she has to, to win ,I don't think this team is as talented as others but if they win tonight I will be suprised and proud of the whole effort put forth in this final 4.

VN Store

Back