Cameron Sutton says Tennessee QB Jarrett Guarantano is ‘amazing’

One guarantee

Whoever the starter is the back-up is always be better in eyes of fans.

I would actually rather be more like Jalen Hurts saga sit 1st couple game sthen come in
and ball.

One guarantee

Whoever the starter is the back-up is always be better in eyes of fans.

I would actually rather be more like Jalen Hurts saga sit 1st couple game sthen come in
and ball.

Because it's been proven at other positions that the said back up was in fact better than the starter lol

If I'm QD and I'm not the starter at the close of Spring Practice, I'm going to find some place else to play ball. QD may have more pro potential than any QB we've had since Peyton.

You base that on what? Garbage time film

Reactions: 3 people
It almost seems like there's quite a few people, that's forgetting about Sheriron Jones in this QB race! This is the first time in a long time since we had this kind of battle for the starting QB position! Probably since Ainge & Schaeffer I guess.

Reactions: 4 people
It almost seems like there's quite a few people, that's forgetting about Sheriron Jones in this QB race! This is the first time in a long time since we had this kind of battle for the starting QB position! Probably since Ainge & Schaeffer I guess.

I have to agree that S Jones will be giving his all in our QB fight.

I'm surprised that almost everyone forgets what a highly rated QB he was coming out of high school.

It's great to have so many highly rated QB's competing for our starting job and this is going to be a fun battle to watch.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
If that's the case assume 5-7 or 6-6. The offensive is built on having a QB who can run. Dormady isn't that guy.

Every snap he's played he's looked like a pure pocket QB to me.

Hi 🖐...I'm Larry Scott, and I will design this offense.

Reactions: 4 people
I think Dormady will start unless JG is electrifying during the spring game/offseason.

If that's the case assume 5-7 or 6-6. The offensive is built on having a QB who can run. Dormady isn't that guy.

Every snap he's played he's looked like a pure pocket QB to me.

You do realize Dormady had better rushing numbers in HS than JG per Max Preps. Seems like neither is going to be Josh Dobbs with their feet. JG looks like the typical running QB but stats say no.

You do realize Dormady had better rushing numbers in HS than JG per Max Preps. Seems like neither is going to be Josh Dobbs with their feet. JG looks like the typical running QB but stats say no.

Dobb's didn't have great rushing numbers in HS. Can't really base a players strength or weakness off of HS Stats.

Reactions: 1 person
If I'm QD and I'm not the starter at the close of Spring Practice, I'm going to find some place else to play ball. QD may have more pro potential than any QB we've had since Peyton.

coughBScoughBScoughBScoughBScough

as if anyone on VN has seen the young man in enough practices and actual SEC game situations to know that. QD's mom, is that you?

It is natural that Malone would say the QB inexperience influenced him to declare for the draft, especially after he had a good season, but he is also quoted around a year ago saying JG has a cannon for an arm and that you 'survive' his passes. Malone used the QB issue for media justification on his departure, nothing wrong with that.

Let's just hope our coaching staff has enough sense to determine which QB gives us the best chance to win.

This is true, but also their ability to adjust the offense to the skills of the players on the field. This is an ugly offense when the QB is not running for decent yardage. Are they a one pony offensive staff?

Don't assume Dormady will not be the man under center.

Agreed. He's got everything behind him and he's earned it, but I agree JG looks to be a very exciting QB and I'm not assuming he won't be the starter either. It sounds like we have a real QB battle brewing.

Last edited:
Seriously, this assumption baffles me. I would be very surprised if Dormady was NOT the starting QB week 1.

If I had to put $$$ on it, then I would pick QD too. Just because he has a 1 year head start and at some live game experience. That being said, I would not be shocked to see JG take the first snap either. Truly, this appears to be a real QB competition to determine who our starter is.

VN Store

Back