Callaway Hurt?

You're grasping at straws....they wouldn't have given us 30 yards, only one of the penalties would have counted and they were both 15 yarders.

the personal foul was dead ball penalty and would have given us another 15 yards. It was definitely missed.

Reactions: JacketVol
I hate Danielson. Nessler is okay but I swear every time I watch a UT game with Danielson commentating, we lose.

I hate to say it, but SEC officiating is among the worst in NCAA football... SEC Zebras simply stink up the game terribly.

Reactions: JacketVol
I hate Danielson. Nessler is okay but I swear every time I watch a UT game with Danielson commentating, we lose.
I hat them both- I have started to watch with the mute setting on so that I wont get so irritated by the nonsense dripping from Danielsons mouth.

I don’t understand how that wasn’t a targeting call. The defender clearly launched his shoulder pad at the head of Callaway after the play was over.

Hopefully Pruitt and Staff submitted the play for review. Because it was unexcuseable not being called.

Anyone know anything about callaways injury after he took that cheap shot. i was in the stands and it was a cheap shot.
It was weird. The defender definitely pulled up before he hit Callaway, but he got him just enough in the chest to whiplash him. That kind of "tap" is rarely going to get flagged, but it got Callaway perfectly when he wasn't expecting to get hit.

Reactions: walkenvol
It was weird. The defender definitely pulled up before he hit Callaway, but he got him just enough in the chest to whiplash him. That kind of "tap" is rarely going to get flagged, but it got Callaway perfectly when he wasn't expecting to get hit.

The hit on Callaway when he was returning a punt was targeting because the Mizzou player led with the crown of his helmet. The helmet-helmet contact just ensured the call:

No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul.

The hit on Callaway that finally knocked him out of the game on the IP call was also targeting. He was engaged with a player and was defenseless, this also applies to the hit on Guarantano:

No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

• Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

The hit on JG was targeting because it was purposeful contact using the forearm on the back of the head of a defenseless player. The Mizzou defender simply could have landed a bodyshot, but he went high with his arm on the back of JG's head.

The hit on Callaway later on (after PI where his arm was wrapped up) was also leading with the helmet with the intent of making contact in the head or neck area. Not to mention the hit was on a defenseless player, who was engaged, going out of bounds.

They were dirty hits. I get you're playing the "lets consider all angles" angle, but they were dirty hits. Repeated dirty hits, coincidentally, against our best offensive players. Weird, huh.

The hit on Callaway when he was returning a punt was targeting because the Mizzou player led with the crown of his helmet. The helmet-helmet contact just ensured the call:

The hit on Callaway that finally knocked him out of the game on the IP call was also targeting. He was engaged with a player and was defenseless, this also applies to the hit on Guarantano:

The hit on JG was targeting because it was purposeful contact using the forearm on the back of the head of a defenseless player. The Mizzou defender simply could have landed a bodyshot, but he went high with his arm on the back of JG's head.

The hit on Callaway later on (after PI where his arm was wrapped up) was also leading with the helmet with the intent of making contact in the head or neck area. Not to mention the hit was on a defenseless player, who was engaged, going out of bounds.

They were dirty hits. I get you're playing the "lets consider all angles" angle, but they were dirty hits. Repeated dirty hits, coincidentally, against our best offensive players. Weird, huh.
The second shot on Callaway was weird because the defender visibly slowed, yet Callaway was defenseless and the hit was obviously forcible enough to get him out of the game. At full speed I didn't think it was a big deal. The replay looked worse.

The second shot on Callaway was weird because the defender visibly slowed, yet Callaway was defenseless and the hit was obviously forcible enough to get him out of the game. At full speed I didn't think it was a big deal. The replay looked worse.

The defender might have slowed up incrementally but he made the conscious decision to lower his head and lay out a defenseless player.

He either could have avoided the hit and chose not to or it was a purposeful attempt to knock a player out of the game and make it look like an oopsie.

After the no-call on JG and the fact that Callaway had already been targeted, well, maybe I'm paranoid but it looked like they were gunning for them as well as Jennings.

VN Store

Back