Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (not a remaster or remake!)

I just started playing Warzone this weekend. It’s taking some getting used to. I have played Blood Money the most. I don’t have a headset or anything. Do I need one for Battle Royal to make it worth my while? Do you guys use them?

I just started playing Warzone this weekend. It’s taking some getting used to. I have played Blood Money the most. I don’t have a headset or anything. Do I need one for Battle Royal to make it worth my while? Do you guys use them?

Four reasons to have a headset:

1. Talk to/strategize w/ strangers (i never do)
  2. Talk to buddies (i often do)
  3. Surround sound lets you know which direction shots and foot steps are coming from
  4. You can play loud in a sleeping house

3. Surround sound lets you know which direction shots and foot steps are coming from

While the first two are nice, the last two are definitely huge perks. Any type of headphones makes a big difference in this type of game. When I play with them after just using the sound bar on the tv I’m always amazed at the detail I can hear that I wasn’t hearing.

While the first two are nice, the last two are definitely huge perks. Any type of headphones makes a big difference in this type of game. When I play with them after just using the sound bar on the tv I’m always amazed at the detail I can hear that I wasn’t hearing.

I have surround stereo wired in. It's so fun to crank that up when I'm home alone.

Thanks. I guess I’ll order some this week. Really wish that AirPods would connect, but with the controllers being Bluetooth I guess it makes sense that they don’t.

A headset is a requirement on any shooter game. Being able to hear footsteps and gun shots is absolutely critical. Although the audio is kind of screwed up in Warzone. Mainly the planes are WAY too loud and gunshots sound really close when they aren't really close. I'm sure they will address those issues though.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
A headset is a requirement on any shooter game. Being able to hear footsteps and gun shots is absolutely critical. Although the audio is kind of screwed up in Warzone. Mainly the planes are WAY too loud and gunshots sound really close when they aren't really close. I'm sure they will address those issues though.
They should have the first update, I doubt they will

I swear, matchmaking in multiplayer is such garbage. My rank is 94 and 8/10 matches I'm one of the lowest 3 ranked guys and there will be like 6 guys ranked 130+. I'm literally never the highest ranked guy and rarely among the highest ranked. It makes no sense. I don't understand why it shakes out like that. It was the same way when I ranked around 60 and I bet when I'm a 130 they're gonna make me play against a team full of 170's.

I swear, matchmaking in multiplayer is such garbage. My rank is 94 and 8/10 matches I'm one of the lowest 3 ranked guys and there will be like 6 guys ranked 130+. I'm literally never the highest ranked guy and rarely among the highest ranked. It makes no sense. I don't understand why it shakes out like that. It was the same way when I ranked around 60 and I bet when I'm a 130 they're gonna make me play against a team full of 170's.
Don’t know that it really has anything to do with the actual ranking numbers. All those are are an indication of how much time someone has played, and not so much their actual skill. I imagine there are some actual skill based things that are not as visible that they use to actually match players up. I’m pretty confident you won’t ever find yourself matched against a team full of 170’s though. 155 is the max, lol.

Don’t know that it really has anything to do with the actual ranking numbers. All those are are an indication of how much time someone has played, and not so much their actual skill. I imagine there are some actual skill based things that are not as visible that they use to actually match players up. I’m pretty confident you won’t ever find yourself matched against a team full of 170’s though. 155 is the max, lol.

Haha, I did not know 155 was the max. I started backing out of matchmaking when the ranks are skewed and the favorable matchups are a lot more fun.

Finally got my first WZ win. Feels good. My little bro is better than me and for once I carried him. In the last 3 minutes, I bought him back from a pay station, revived him, and had 4 kills and we were both alive at the end.

I hadn't played WZ that much. For a long time, I just played multiplayer so I could get the fight mechanics but now I'm WZ all the time.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I have 114 gb of free space on PS4 yet it will not allow me to download the update. Anybody have any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Last edited:
I got a gold camo last night. First one ever in a Call of Duty game. Obviously, I rarely ever play CoD but desperate times....

I have 114 gb of free space on PS4 yet it will not allow me to download the update. Anybody have any suggestions as to how I can fix this?
I think you have to have enough free space for the game plus the update, I could be wrong. But I believe it's one of the wonky things about ps4 and how it updates.

I've read that if you delete the game and redownload it, you'll get the latest version, but try at your own risk.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Good thing. I didn't lose progress or my season 3 pass from switching consoles

VN Store

Back