Call of Duty Modern Warfare II

I’d like to thank Activision for their completely game-breaking update this morning that crashes the game every time I try to load my campaign where apparently the only fix is to totally uninstall the game, reinstall, and start from scratch even though I only had one and a half missions left to complete the game. Cool.
What platform? I didnt have this issue on PS5 or PC.

What platform? I didnt have this issue on PS5 or PC.
It was on Xbox. Even after reinstalling, which took forever, it would still crash loading my last checkpoint, but I was able to at least get it to load from the beginning of the latest incomplete mission as opposed to losing all the saved data.

Anyone having issues with the Blizzard sms auth for PC? Not receiving any verification codes. If this doesn’t get resolved, I just paid $70+ for an unplayable game.

So, for those that may consider going through Blizzard to purchase MW2 or any future Blizzard game, if you have AT&T, Cricket, or Metro, they will not support your phone number in the Authenticator. Just got that confirmation from them. I don’t do Twitter, but I’m seriously thinking about getting on it to blow up Blizzard.

No upfront notification that this would be an issue. Bought the game, now I can’t play it.

So, for those that may consider going through Blizzard to purchase MW2 or any future Blizzard game, if you have AT&T, Cricket, or Metro, they will not support your phone number in the Authenticator. Just got that confirmation from them. I don’t do Twitter, but I’m seriously thinking about getting on it to blow up Blizzard.

No upfront notification that this would be an issue. Bought the game, now I can’t play it.
Did you not already have a blizzard account? I thought this was only for new accounts?

I also thought the issue was only with prepaid phone accounts. I can’t imagine that regular att accounts will have an issue.

Overall I’ve found the multiplayer to be fairly fun so far, but I absolutely HATE the new way you unlock weapons and attachments. For one, you practically need an advanced degree to even figure out how to unlock everything, and even once you do, it involves grinding through extensive time playing with stuff you may not like.

I’m sure the achievement and camo chasers will love this, but as someone who doesn’t play all that much, I liked the old way of simply leveling up and eventually you’d unlock all the guns.

Did you not already have a blizzard account? I thought this was only for new accounts?

I also thought the issue was only with prepaid phone accounts. I can’t imagine that regular att accounts will have an issue.

I had already had an account but never added my phone number.

The Blizzard support person told me this morning “…Unfortunately, my fellow adventurer, after further checking your bill it seems that your number is provided by AT&T and I regret to inform you that AT&T is a carrier not supported by us. Furthermore, I kindly ask you to please add a new valid number that is not pre-paid or VoIP and not an unsupported carrier like: AT&T, cricket or Metro.”

very frustrating.

I had already had an account but never added my phone number.

The Blizzard support person told me this morning “…Unfortunately, my fellow adventurer, after further checking your bill it seems that your number is provided by AT&T and I regret to inform you that AT&T is a carrier not supported by us. Furthermore, I kindly ask you to please add a new valid number that is not pre-paid or VoIP and not an unsupported carrier like: AT&T, cricket or Metro.”

very frustrating.
Well, you had me curious since I have AT&T. I just went and added my number, received the code and verified with no issues.

The website says the way I understood it, that prepaid phones and small carriers will have issues, but not major carriers. There's no way they'd lock out any of the big three (t-mobile, Verizon and AT&T).

Eligibility & Limitations
Battle.net Phone Notifications are designed for text-enabled mobile phones:

• Messaging apps like iMessage (iOS) or WhatsApp (iOS, Android) are not supported.
  • Mobile phones with prepaid plans may not work with the phone notification service.
  • Phone notifications cannot be used with Voice over IP (VoIP), and VoIP numbers that are transferred to a local provider are not eligible for the service.
A phone number can only be attached to one Battle.net Account.

If you lose your phone but plan to replace it and keep the same mobile number, phone notifications will continue to work as it has before, since it's associated with your phone number rather than the device itself.

Really need some more maps, especially since they are gonna have to cut another one. Really enjoying the game right now, but the SBMM is brutal.

Been playing for a few days now, first CoD game in a long time. Surprised how well I played in TDM, but I think it's the natural advantage of keyboard & mouse over controllers, since it's cross-platform, and not me being any good at the game. I did have some poor games yesterday evening, I guess that's when the try-hards come out lol.

Somebody want to give me the 10-second rundown re: what's the difference between MW2 multiplayer and WZ? Is it just the game modes?

Just got the m13 from DMZ.
Lucky. Truly one of the stupidest things ever for them to lock a multiplayer gun behind a Warzone achievement. I’m sure it’s because they know a lot of people won’t want to go through that headache and hope to sell it in a micro transaction further down the line.

VN Store

Back