Call for end of House and Senate Pensions

Oh I agree. But if any of my reps vote against it then I will be voting against them next go around.
So you'll maybe vote for a Democrat/Republican instead? Who also won't vote to forego their pension?

Makes sense.

Only if you continue to support those who vote against it.
My point being, you can introduce a bill that you know won't pass, while looking like you actually supported such a thing. Now, if you see this as an opportunity to hold feet to the fire, I say why not.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
In all my years of working for a mega corp, I was never allowed to vote on my benefits package. They did give me the option to go to work for a different benefits package though.

It's time Congress sets an example and lives like the peons they represent.

So that's your litmus test? Anything else they stand for or against doesn't matter that much?
When it comes to fiscal responsibility, which I consider this to be a huge part of, then yes. Obviously there would be some exceptions. If they are pro this and pro slavery, or something else stupid, then I would go another route. End of the day, IMO, career politicians, our debt, and the idea that politics is a way to enrich yourself all represent why we have ridiculous debt. Yes I am well aware that our debt isn’t being driven by this. But it’s a good message.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
So that's your litmus test? Anything else they stand for or against doesn't matter that much?

I think so. I'm of the mind that if they won't vote for this they probably don't stand for much of anything I will agree with.

Let them build their pensions at the state level. I didn't elect 99% of them.
All members of Congress should be compensated by their respective States. All of their expenses. The Gov of State should control their purse strings.

Edit: Maybe there could be federally funded performance bonuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
All members of Congress should be compensated by their respective States. All of their expenses. The Gov of State should control their purse strings.

Edit: Maybe there could be federally funded performance bonuses.
Delete your edit. Then it is a great post.

All of these asshats get bonuses from those that bribe them.

I put the edit in to induce adherence to ethics rules, budgets, etc. Budget overages could also result in makeup payments by the state's.
They’ve got too many carrots now. I’d like more stick applied. Pass a budget or you don’t draw your present salary until you do. That’s the single damn thing all these morons are supposed to do each and every year.

Love both of these ideas... no way they see light of day.

VN Store

Back