California Supreme Court

I guess the next thing the court needs to do is legalize polygamy. Just because the majority of people find it wrong, they have their rights too. What they do does not hurt me in any way. No one ever said they couldn't be gay, it was only said that we would not redefine long standing definitions of marriage to appease a few.

why not? The long standing definition of marriage? Please, that's a thinly veiled reference to what the Bible wants you to believe. The Constitution trumps the Bible IMO

why not? The long standing definition of marriage? Please, that's a thinly veiled reference to what the Bible wants you to believe. The Constitution trumps the Bible IMO

The point i was trying to get at has nothing to do with the Bible. My point is where do you stop? If Government gets involved we will have the entire Webster's dictionary redefined so we can all be politically correct.

no but it's the best system we have. How long do you think things like segregation in Alabama and Miss would have lasted if we left everything up to majority rule?

The system where courts have so much say has evolved and I personally don't think it's the best it could be.

If we are a nation, made up of individual states, each individual state should decide what is right for their state.

If Cali wants to have gay marriage, put it to a vote and if it passes so be it.

I will choose to not live in a state that allows gay marriage; it's my preference (unless of course the federal gov't passes it then I'm SOL).

Does the constitution say anything about homosexuals?

Anytime I've seen some documentary or show on that issue, it never seems to be quite the fantasyland most of us envision.

Yea before I got married being a Mormon and having multiple wives sounding great.

Now I think it sounds like a living hell.

Yea before I got married being a Mormon and having multiple wives sounding great.

Now I think it sounds like a living hell.

I can't help but to do my best Burt Reynolds impersonation while reading your quotes.

I really don't see any upside in having more than one person mad at me for drinking on the weekends.

I can't help but to do my best Burt Reynolds impersonation while reading your quotes.

I really don't see any upside in having more than one person mad at me for drinking on the weekends.

Except if your mormon, you don't even get to drink, which compounds the misery.

No, I've been to a Baptist church most of my life and my grandfather is a Baptist minister.

A true Baptist does not drink or dance.

"true Baptist" :eek:lol:

That sounds hilarious.

I think that you will find that there are many, many versions of the Baptist denomination. Some churches will certainly allow dances (as policy, not just a rogue minister). Drinking is generally another story, in my experience.

"true Baptist" :eek:lol:

That sounds hilarious.

I think that you will find that there are many, many versions of the Baptist denomination. Some churches will certainly allow dances (as policy, not just a rogue minister). Drinking is generally another story, in my experience.

What I mean by true Baptist (in the South) is someone who follows the Baptist Theology. A Baptist is certainly not to dance at any church function and no alcohol anytime.

Now I know very few who follow that to a T.

VN Store

Back