California Has “Worst Quality of Life”

I'm with the old folks on this one. Forcing developers to build housing so you can live in CA "affordably" is asinine. If you can't afford it, don't live there. If the developers can make money building more houses and it fits the code, they will. But they truly believe they have some God given right to live wherever they want regardless if they can afford it or not. A vast majority of the state is just one big hypocritical contradiction anyways. They claim tree hugging and save the earth, yet the only way they live comfortably in a semi arid desert is to suck water and power from other places. They produce things like almonds, which take a gallon of water to make ONE. ONE! Is that good for the environment? The old intakes at Meade are almost above the water line, but you made a dollar sending nuts to China. The whole thing is a sham. They have seriously affected not only their environment but large parts of the Colorado basin.
Too many words for a bumper sticker, but hell to the yeah.

You should read the whole thing and not just the Fox News excerpt.

If you've lived in rural America and you've lived in urban America, it's easy to see that it's common for people in small communities to be involved, and not common in urban areas. Also, if voter participation is one of the "issues" costing CA in quality of life score, and it relates to illegals, isn't that a desirable outcome?

Quality of Life Rankings

You're telling me to read the whole article when you fixated on the cost of rents? FO

It is fantastic if you are wealthy and don’t have to commute especially La Jolla or Carlsbad

You're telling me to read the whole article when you fixated on the cost of rents? FO

He mad.

I'm fixated on cost of rent (and traffic) because that moves the meter for me. Pollution does a little. Community engagement doesn't move the meter at all.

its an interesting argument. everyone wants change and wants things to get better but they don't want to be the ones to change. see it here in Atlanta all the time.

"The city should do something about the abandoned buildings and the crime." city does something "can't have this house has been abandoned for 50 years buts its historical. also what will this do to my tax rate?" the eff did you think was going to happen.

what the old bloods have to realize is that one day the market will flip on them and if they don't get ahead of it, it will end up worse than if they allow the development now.

the developer side is also interesting saying that the low income housing never gets built. that is simply greed. they probably get special permission to build more higher end rooms by including low income. then they build the high income stuff first so they can afford the cheap stuff later and it never comes. or they say the money dried up or whatever. most of the time they honestly don't plan enough money at the front. I guarantee they are the last people surprised that the low income stuff doesn't get built. When this is whats happening I think they state or locals should be able to step in and force them to build what was promised. otherwise they are abusing the people's trust.

Edna the cat... interesting that SF will permit streets and walkways to used as toilets, but having a cat at the firehouse is over the line. La la land.

Firefighters and staff at a San Francisco fire station are trying everything they can to keep their pet cat, Edna, after management has apparently asked them to get rid of the feline.

Employees at Station 49 on Evans Avenue in Bayshore said in an email to SFGATE that an anonymous complaint was lodged with the city over the presence of Edna. They were told to "get rid of the cat" last week, according to the email, and were given a Monday deadline before animal control was called

Reactions: davethevol
Edna the cat... interesting that SF will permit streets and walkways to used as toilets, but having a cat at the firehouse is over the line. La la land.

Firefighters and staff at a San Francisco fire station are trying everything they can to keep their pet cat, Edna, after management has apparently asked them to get rid of the feline.

Employees at Station 49 on Evans Avenue in Bayshore said in an email to SFGATE that an anonymous complaint was lodged with the city over the presence of Edna. They were told to "get rid of the cat" last week, according to the email, and were given a Monday deadline before animal control was called

How much you wanna bet the anonymous complaint was from a dim?

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
I lived outside of LA in Orange. It was fantastic.

Had a girlfriend for a bit in Orange County, Tustin area. Tried to fly into John Wayne when I could. But when I had to go through LA I always marveled at the instantaneous difference on the highway from LA County To Orange.

Had a girlfriend for a bit in Orange County, Tustin area. Tried to fly into John Wayne when I could. But when I had to go through LA I always marveled at the instantaneous difference on the highway from LA County To Orange.

I flew into San Jose airport once.

VN Store

Back