Cade Mays waiver denied

Play him regardless.

What the hell is the NCAA going to do to us that we haven’t been through already?

Last edited:
Reactions: gunner
You think a university should be sued because a person who was at an event at said university didn't know the proper way to operate a folding chair at said event? Is this normal in Tennessee?

The chair broke, it wasn't misused. Georgia's insurance company balked at the loss of use portion of his claim, even though their own adjuster found it to be legitimate. If the insurance company had offered a reasonable settlement, then the matter would have been settled two years ago. Instead, they're still in litigation.

That said, do you thing it's normal for an administrator to pressure a kid to influence his dad to suspend a legal claim against a school because "it's becoming a distraction?"

You can label Cade Mays with whatever unflattering terms you want, but the only place karma is coming back for is Georgia. Cade did nothing wrong.

That said, do you thing it's normal for an administrator to pressure a kid to influence his dad to suspend a legal claim against a school because "it's becoming a distraction?"

DAAAAMN, Gina! That’s fully shady. When’s his attorney going to put this in the air? It seems it must already be in the appeal draft.

I think the insurance company must like their chances with a jury draw in Athens. At last check that’s where it was pending.

Reactions: escapegoat2
The chair broke, it wasn't misused. Georgia's insurance company balked at the loss of use portion of his claim, even though their own adjuster found it to be legitimate. If the insurance company had offered a reasonable settlement, then the matter would have been settled two years ago. Instead, they're still in litigation.

You can label Cade Mays with whatever unflattering terms you want, but the only place karma is coming back for is Georgia. Cade did nothing wrong.

These are the juicy bits that keep me coming back to this site. Cant wait to hear Mays tear into UGA once this all gets settled. UGA should get throttled by any respectable media member when the truth comes to light.

Also curious how the Mars connects in with all this. Maybe he knew it would get denied? His timeline since dropping Mays has been interesting.

It seems the Mays saga is going to be a wild ride.

These are the juicy bits that keep me coming back to this site. Cant wait to hear Mays tear into UGA once this all gets settled. UGA should get throttled by any respectable media member when the truth comes to light.

Also curious how the Mars connects in with all this. Maybe he knew it would get denied? His timeline since dropping Mays has been interesting.

It seems the Mays saga is going to be a wild ride.

What's funny is that @DeerPark12 is actually wrong. Kevin Mays is suing them on the grounds that UGA failed to 'ensure his safety while using a folding chair on campus'...

The suit states that during dinner when Kevin Mays, a former Tennessee offensive lineman, tried to stand up, a building support column behind the folding chair prevented it from going backwards. When the chair wedged against the column, the suit states, the severed finger shot across the floor. Offensive line coach Sam Pittman picked up the finger and put it on ice.
Lawsuit seeks damages from UGA, others after father of offensive lineman severs finger

The "juicy part" is that in addition to the $3 million he is asking for, he's suing for $500,000k on behalf of his wife for "loss of consortium", because he can't do a proper 'shocker' anymore. 😂

Last edited:
What's funny is that @DeerPark12 is actually wrong. Kevin Mays is suing them on the grounds that UGA failed to 'ensure his safety while using a folding chair on campus'...

The suit states that during dinner when Kevin Mays, a former Tennessee offensive lineman, tried to stand up, a building support column behind the folding chair prevented it from going backwards. When the chair wedged against the column, the suit states, the severed finger shot across the floor. Offensive line coach Sam Pittman picked up the finger and put it on ice.
Lawsuit seeks damages from UGA, others after father of offensive lineman severs finger

The "juicy part" is that in addition to the $3 million he is asking for, he's suing for $500,000k on behalf of his wife for "loss of consortium", because he can't doe a proper 'shocker' anymore. 😂
The language used by the lawyer doesn't exactly contradict what he said...

Its more what the UGA coach said that I find juicy... The bit about the additional 500k for the wife is pretty funny.

The "juicy part" is that in addition to the $3 million he is asking for, he's suing for $500,000k on behalf of his wife for "loss of consortium", because he can't do a proper 'shocker' anymore. 😂

That's literally what I said. The chair malfunctioned. The liability for Georgia is that they used a faulty product and set it up in a manner that led to his injury.

That's literally what I said. The chair malfunctioned. The liability for Georgia is that they used a faulty product and set it up in a manner that led to his injury.

The chair didn't malfunction. He collapsed the chair standing up because the back of it was against a support pillar. He's suing them on the grounds that he feels that Georgia failed in its responsibility to ensure his safety while using a folding chair on campus.

The lawsuit argues that the UGA Athletic Association and Board of Regents should have made sure that Mays "would be safe from harm" when using the folding chair on its premises.

The chair didn't malfunction. He collapsed the chair standing up because the back of it was against a support pillar. He's suing them on the grounds that he feels that Georgia failed in its responsibility to ensure his safety while using a folding chair on campus.

The lawsuit argues that the UGA Athletic Association and Board of Regents should have made sure that Mays "would be safe from harm" when using the folding chair on its premises.

With all due respect, you don't understand what you're talking about.

Is that similar to fake chow?

Reactions: Behr
With all due respect, you don't understand what you're talking about.

Lol, how is that? Because you say so?

You are aware that you can look up the case at https://www.athensclarkeclerkofcourt.com/WebCaseSearch correct? Case number is ST19CV0638.

This is a screen cap of page 28 of the complaint:

Kevin-Mays-Is-Dumb.png

Might want to you know, actually read the filing; just a suggestion.

Lol, how is that? Because you say so?

You are aware that you can look up the case at https://www.athensclarkeclerkofcourt.com/WebCaseSearch correct? Case number is ST19CV0638.

This is a screen cap of page 28 of the complaint:

Kevin-Mays-Is-Dumb.png

Might want to you know, actually read the filing; just a suggestion.

I've read it. I'm also quite familiar with the specific legal arguments that the family's attorney is making in that case and what UGA's insurer said at the time.

I've shared my thoughts. If you want to disagree based on your own misunderstanding of the document and lack of knowledge of the other facts of the case, then you're welcome to do that. But I didn't get a law license to argue with somebody that doesn't understand what he's reading on the internet. Enjoy your incorrect opinion, I guess.

I've read it. I'm also quite familiar with the specific legal arguments that the family's attorney is making in that case and what UGA's insurer said at the time.

I've shared my thoughts. If you want to disagree based on your own misunderstanding of the document and lack of knowledge of the other facts of the case, then you're welcome to do that. But I didn't get a law license to argue with somebody that doesn't understand what he's reading on the internet. Enjoy your incorrect opinion, I guess.
He enjoys those a bunch. I appreciate your info DeerPark, you probably give out more info than you should sometimes based on your "connections"

Mays is a malcontent. Karma has a way of dealing with malcontents. He'll never play a down at Tennessee.

Thank you , I have been searching for years for the reason why UGA , with an embarrassingly talent rich state like Georgia can’t win a National championship. I never realized it could be so simple as Karma .

Lol, if you read the actual documents (highly questionable), and are still contending that the chair broke, and that Mays is seeking damages based on UGA providing him with a defective folding chair, then you should immediately seek out some remedial education focused on reading comprehension.

VN Store

Back