Cade Mays waiver denied

Some UGA friends I know thought this news was just great. Guess they are afraid to play against him? Sitting out a year will only make him bigger, stronger and meaner when they come to K Town. This year going to be funky with the Virus anyway. This too shall pass.

Will Cade Mays ever play another college snap?

Highly unlikely...

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Immediate eligibility denied. So he's a go for 21'. Which is ironic, because there will be no 20' NCAA football season.

Read any UGA board. The administration, coaches, and fans hate Cade’s family.

I have read some and unless one counts jokes about "not being able to put a finger on it" I have seen little vitriol towards the family. Most seem to express regret Cade is in this mess and there is no doubt they wish he was still there (who would not want a potential 1st rounder OL, right?), but not seeing what you described as being anywhere near widespread. But I admit my perusal of dawg boards is limited.

Take off the orange colored glasses and we would not happy at all for a 1st round talent deciding to transfer to Florida, Georgia or Alabama. Or Kentucky or South Carolina for that matter.

I mean.... some of our fans were tearing into Cade Mays and his family for not going to UT..... but I guess our fan base has a short memory....
Vol fans became angry when Cade & then-Dawg teammates released the tacky video denigrating Tennessee. Cade got caught up in the Georgia trash mode & has been redeemed.

The word around ATL sports talk is the denial was based on inner-conference transfers and intended to keep wholesale transfers in check within a specific conference. The Daniels and Fields scenarios were not the same. That being said, most think this case is different and has a chance to be overturned because of the family situation/lawsuit against UGA.

Kevin's lawsuit will be thrown out, if it hasn't already. How can UGA be held responsible for an individual not knowing how to operate a folding chair? Cade will enter the draft in the spring. The family's obviously desperate for money.

Kevin's lawsuit will be thrown out, if it hasn't already. How can UGA be held responsible for an individual not knowing how to operate a folding chair? Cade will enter the draft in the spring. The family's obviously desperate for money.

Even while at UGA, the plan was for Cade to enter the draft this spring if he graded high enough. I have no idea what will happen on the legal front, but the family appears to be doing well financially. If not, I wish is was as poor as them.

Reactions: feathersax
No offense, but you pulled this directly from your ass

Don't care what player it is, but every one of them should be afforded at least 1 transfer without restriction in their collegiate career.

It all comes down to this.
Will 14 teams players made up of 18-22 year old players, managers, etc.have the self control to remain in a protective bubble (like the NBA) and not see friends, family, girls from September thru December.

Just test the "Girls" too. lol

Pretty thick. Sorry to be a downer. I just don't believe the SEC, Big 12 and ACC will follow through. I think they will bailout at the last possible second.

What information will be available in 3-4 weeks that's not available now? IMO the ONLY thing now that can threaten this season is large outbreaks on multiple teams closer to the opening weekend.

A good lawyer will get this cleared up no problem. Easily Discrimination against a family is a lawsuit against another university.

Has the NCAA approved any waivers where a player has transferred to another school in the same conference?

If no, then it's going to be hard to prove that they are discriminating against him because his father is suing UGA because he managed to fail at using a folding chair while on campus.

The family is not hurting for money I can guarantee that.

If this were the case then how come Tennessee statistically stands out when it comes to rejection of petitions? Incompetence has to come from somewhere.
Because Tn does not stand out anymore or any less statistically than anyone else. You've got absolutely no idea what you are speaking about the NCAA eligibility center and their processes, my guess is that you have no idea what the eligibility center does or how many applications they process year in and year out.

VN Store

Back