Cade Mays enters the transfer portal [transferring to Tennessee per ESPN]

well Coach Pittman left Georgia so I guess he felt he should too...welcome back home young man...now, you're where you belong...now, will you play in 2020 or 2021....:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Great news!
Transfer portal is and will completely change college football. Hopefully we continue to take advantage of it, we have not been hit bad by it yet IMO. UGA fans or any other fans should not blame the players or families, it’s on the NCAA to create firm standards for immediate eligibility. If not we will see all sorts of wild reasons and inconsistencies...

I was reminded of this YouTube clip from just before the Notre Dame game earlier this season. The title of this clip is: "Cade Mays on why he chose UGA over Tennessee, others: 'I want to win a national championship'"

The goods start around the 7:30 mark and paraphrasing Cade: 'we put in all this work, we want a nc as the result.'

There are a ton of reasons for his transfer and we will likely never know the one: maybe he wants to play with his brother, maybe his parents are influencing him to 'come home', maybe deep deep down his blood is too orange, maybe the culture at UGA is toxic (Butch Jones was able to recruit at a high level and ended up with a toxic environment).

No matter if it is a single reason or a combination, you have to think - Cade no longer believes UGA is a place where a national championship can be won. He has lost his faith that UGA is a place that can get it done. Beat by Bama on the final play in OT at the natty. Beat by Bama in the final quarter at the SEC Championship. Throttled by LSU the entire game at the SEC Championship (on top of an embarrassing SC loss and several pitiful SEC wins). With all the talent and promise - they certainly appear to be going the wrong way.

Last edited:
Wow. If that plays out it’s not only petty but “should” be beneath an institution like UGA and shows weakness. The only rationale is to create a story they can sell to other recruits as they ar bleeding right now. Sad.
Yep I agree

Reactions: GoVols64
There's a bunch of really good looking OL's on this team. You named 7 that anyone would love to have.... and there's talent behind them.

That would be a "star" studded OL. Four 5* and a 4*, right?

You are absolutely correct. That is an amazing amount of talent. Guess we’ll see next year if Friend is the answer at O-line coach. With that blend of talent and experience they should be one of the best lines in the country.

Wow. If that plays out it’s not only petty but “should” be beneath an institution like UGA and shows weakness. The only rationale is to create a story they can sell to other recruits as they ar bleeding right now. Sad.
I think when UGA needlessly injured Tuttle and then flaunted it with the player's image on the UT ticket shows how low class UGA is right now. In the last 20 years, it seems that UGA just can't handle success. When they have done well they go over the top like " hob nail boot to the face", jumping on the midfield of opponents home field, purposely injuring players and boasting. UGA should be a good team and act like they have been there before. I expected Smart to bring that level of class to UGA, but something bad is happening there.

Apparently, everyone here sucks at hypothesizing. This is coming out of your paycheck, buddy.

DO MORE BETTER!

"...Mays is not required to reveal why he’s decided to transfer. Mars told the Knoxville News Sentinel that “of the thousands of college football fans who’ve speculated on social media why Cade decided to leave UGA, I haven’t seen a single comment that even comes close to the truth.” Kevin Mays played football at Tennessee and Cade Mays’ brother Cooper is an early enrollee at Tennessee. "

The idiots who post on Catsillustrated think Phil Fulmer is behind Kevin Mays lawsuit against Georgia and that it's an attempt to strong arm the NCAA

173309-0c41bda5468f974d75533de81dd0dcd0.jpg

200.gif

I’m in, I like it. I do however remember the video of him singing. past is the past though and I like winning, so if this ups our chances I’m in!

VN Store

Back