Cade Mays declares for the NFL Draft

I just hate it for him because before this season he was being looked at as a potential first rounder. Injuries really tanked his stock. I wish the man the best. The risk of further injury vs. an NFL shot is too great. On the bright side, I think Andy Reid is pleased with taking chances on Tennessee lineman. Who knows.
I don't think he was considered a potential first rounder after last year. He got abused by elite competition in 2020, particularly when playing at tackle. He'll have to play guard in the NFL.

Hope his NFL negotiations go better than his NIL. I have to wonder how much the NFL will value him considering his injury issues.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Does he really project that well? I just don’t see it
I would think he would want to have a full healthy season where he can show off his skills, which I don’t think we fully saw this year
I agree. I hope it works out great for him. But he didn’t even play that much this year because of injuries. And when he did he certainly didn’t dominate. We’ll see where he lands.

Guaranteed he doesn't go before the 3rd round.To many high profile Oline prospects out there,plus ur gonna have big run on Defense early in the draft.I suspect at earliest he's an early 3rd mid 3rd.Now all it takes is one team to really like you and he could maybe go in the second but ain't no way in HELL he goes in the first.

I hope you are right, but there were only 4 guards taken in the first three rounds in the last draft. I don’t think he grades out in the top 4. With injuries this year and his lack of experience playing guard recently, not sure he will get drafted before the 5th rd. I wish him all the best and hope he heals up and gets drafted.

Nah...you're probably right. I always try to be a little optimistic for the Vols players on here.

I read one report touting his versatility which may help him some too. Only position he didn't start a game was center in his career.

Gerald Mincey had better be what he’s cracked up to be because all that talk of Crawford and Davis improving during bowl prep was clearly just talk. They both got abused by bad Purdue DLine without its best player.

So what’s Mincey supposed to be? He wasn’t some highly ranked OL.

what is Mincey cracked up to be? He played 50 snaps in 10 games. A mop up player on a bad Florida team... I'm afraid fans are expecting way too much out of a kid that has lots of development in front of him.. he might end up winning a job in the first game but it will be rough sledding as he learns what to do...

Expecting a lot from a little is this board’s unofficial motto

GregAmsler,Goodlettsvillevol is still trying to pick up his dry cleaning from Atomic Cleaners on Dickerson road in Goodlettsville(I think it closed.down 20 years ago).Other than that,he is right on top of things.

It won't happen,but,I would love to see the Chiefs pick him to be their left guard with Trey as the right guard.Two baad boys right there!

Good luck, can't fault a guy for chasing his NFL dream but I can't see him being picked early. Stayed hurt and got worked over at times.
Guess we'll see. I see UDFA in his future or late 6rnd

VN Store

Back