Cade Mays declares for the NFL Draft

what is Mincey cracked up to be? He played 50 snaps in 10 games. A mop up player on a bad Florida team... I'm afraid fans are expecting way too much out of a kid that has lots of development in front of him.. he might end up winning a job in the first game but it will be rough sledding as he learns what to do...

He was considered by Florida coaches to be their most promising young offensive line prospect.

Good luck ain’t nobody gonna pay a 3rd or 4th round NFL type money for a NIL deal hell I won’t can’t afford it

Maybe if Gerald gets some good coaching and coaches and players who actually care about you,he will blossom.Take a look,you can see that that did not work with Cedric Tillman,did it?
I agree with this. Just because someone didn’t perform well in a bowl game doesn’t mean they are a bust or a never-will-be. Lots of things will change Over the next 8 months. Someone always steps up unexpectedly every season. I feel like we have a group of coaches who can coach and develop.

Gerald Mincey had better be what he’s cracked up to be because all that talk of Crawford and Davis improving during bowl prep was clearly just talk. They both got abused by bad Purdue DLine without its best player.
Lets see Greg, the OL gave up 2 sacks in 44 pass plays, we rushed for 288 yds, and had 666 total yds. I'm smfh trying to figure out how they got abused!!

He was considered by Florida coaches to be their most promising young offensive line prospect.

oK. had not heard that. still, he has developmental skills to improve on.. Just hope our fans are not expecting high level SEC skill game one in 2022..

Reactions: NighthawkVol
"Florida was expecting him to be a starter. We shouldn’t be complaining."

Wrong!!!!!!!

Florida was hoping he'd be a starter like any other signee. Didn't pan out. Never happened. Wasn't good enough.

So now he's gonna be great for us?

Stop pretending.

Next year. They were expecting him to be a starter as a sophomore next year. But then he transferred.

You’re acting strangely ambivalent towards any optimism about Mincey in this thread and it’s really bizarre.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Lets see Greg, the OL gave up 2 sacks in 44 pass plays, we rushed for 288 yds, and had 666 total yds. I'm smfh trying to figure out how they got abused!!

Go back and watch the game. It’s not hyperbolic to say that Davis/Crawford was the worst player on the field, whichever one was in. They were routinely beaten and pushed back into Hooker. Hooker escaping and making plays with his legs doesn’t mean they played well.

I made a point to watch the RT. They were both bad.

oK. had not heard that. still, he has developmental skills to improve on.. Just hope our fans are not expecting high level SEC skill game one in 2022..

That’s fair. But it’s good to know he has ability/upside. Just a matter of getting him there, rather than trying to make do with someone who just isn’t and won’t be good enough.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
"Florida was expecting him to be a starter. We shouldn’t be complaining."

Wrong!!!!!!!

Florida was hoping he'd be a starter like any other signee. Didn't pan out. Never happened. Wasn't good enough.

So now he's gonna be great for us?

Stop pretending.
Yep probably be a bust like that Qb Pruitt got from the portal that everyone thought would be backing up Milton or Bailey, what was his name? Henry Hooper or something like that?
Yep, best to judge them before they get here and send him on his merry way

I wish him well but I think it's a mistake. He need to show that he can play without getting hurt all the time and miss games.

That’s fair. But it’s good to know he has ability/upside. Just a matter of getting him there, rather than trying to make do with someone who just isn’t and won’t be good enough.

they do think Crawford has a chance with a good off season to develop into a good tackle. But that is thinking now and its 9 months till ball time.. they would not have taken Mincey if they had not felt he had potential... I don't think...

they do think Crawford has a chance with a good off season to develop into a good tackle. But that is thinking now and its 9 months till ball time.. they would not have taken Mincey if they had not felt he had potential... I don't think...

That’s good to hear. Let’s hope both develop into good SEC players and picking the starter is a win-win.

Reactions: LittleVol
Lol exactly. The only thing that got abused were both defenses.

Best of luck to him.

I would guess him landing somewhere around the 3rd to 5th rd.
I hope you are right, but there were only 4 guards taken in the first three rounds in the last draft. I don’t think he grades out in the top 4. With injuries this year and his lack of experience playing guard recently, not sure he will get drafted before the 5th rd. I wish him all the best and hope he heals up and gets drafted.

Hate to say it, but unless we get some more help from the portal, we're gonna struggle again next year on the OL. We lack quality players and depth. Same can be said for the secondary and linebacker.

Smart move and I like Cade. Poor guy can’t seem to stay healthy. May as well try to get drafted and make some money before his football career is over.

Best of luck to him, but he's probably an UDFA

At best, he might be a 6th or 7th round pick

what is Mincey cracked up to be? He played 50 snaps in 10 games. A mop up player on a bad Florida team... I'm afraid fans are expecting way too much out of a kid that has lots of development in front of him.. he might end up winning a job in the first game but it will be rough sledding as he learns what to do...
Its a fresh start. Personally i think the kid has upside but we will see.

Reactions: LWSVOL

VN Store

Back