Cade Mays CLEARED by NCAA

Just like Trey Smith said. These bureaucrats are sitting around their tables in Bumminham sipping coffee and waiting for Nickki Boy to do a thumbs down.

Reactions: Volnut
Not really a good spot to post this, but from reading various threads...one thing stands out....many, including myself, are on edge. People getting snippy with each other on here. Others getting offended and telling folks what not to post instead of just ignoring, etc. I think Sept 26 at 730 is gonna cure a lot of us from our misery. BRING ON FOOTBALL!!!

This is great but man, why did it take so long?

Why do you care???? Asking for a friend.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Probably worse than the NCAA honestly. The sec rule is that transfers for in conference has to sit a year. And I haven't heard a time of when they approved a waiver. So who knows
Yup. NCAA approves at a 70% rate. SEC on these types - 0%. Big difference. The sec has always been the issue with these, just not usually made public by schools. Stoops and Pruitt applying the pressure. That and covid issues should be enough to give hope this time.

Reactions: chrismc1000
I listen to a few Vol and SEC Podcasts and the thing that keeps popping back up is the idea that Cade could be cleared by Sankey as long as we agreed not to play Cade in the UGA game. I’m hearing that’s what’s going to happen or has already been agree upon with Auburn and UK w/ Joey Gatewood. I could live with that.
I’m very skeptical they would approve Gatewood with a qualifying game exception like that. Is this information you heard from a credible source?

I’m very skeptical they would approve Gatewood with a qualifying game exception like that. Is this information you heard from a credible source?
I was listening to That SEC Podcast Wednesday and on today’s show they mentioned it and I’m pretty sure I heard Swain talking about it with Austin Price the other day. Sounds kind of crazy, but that would be on message for the year.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I'm still processing the fact that something good actually happened. lol.
It’s always bad , it’s only just now that “something good actually happened “ you say?? You NegaVols are really something . If I knew whoever was the boss of this website then I would get all of you people banned!!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
It’s always bad , it’s only just now that “something good actually happened “ you say?? You NegaVols are really something . If I knew whoever was the boss of this website then I would get all of you people banned!!
It's BVS. I'm still trying not to get my hopes up too much about Cade until we hear from the SEC.

What is 'unique' about Mays' case?
A handful of things:

1) His Dad lost a finger arguably to the fault of Georgia.

That alone could be a unique situation that could spawn special consideration. Why should he have to leave the league due to Georgia’s negligence?

2) His Dad was in the process of filing a lawsuit when he left.

Ditto.

3) This year does not “count” for any of the players. Meaning noone loses a year of eligibility.

This could give the SEC some flexibility in making a decision. They could allow Cade to play due to special circumstances, yet require him to burn a year of eligibility also due to special circumstances.

A bit off topic, but I think if he plays, he is gone after this year. If he doesn’t he probably plays another year. That may end up being the better scenario for Tennessee.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Never happened for a grad transfer until 4 years ago when DB Smith was approved for immediate eligibility when he transferred from AL to GA.
True. First for many things. However, odds are usually less for that first case.

VN Store

Back