Cade Mays and Amari Rodgers

Would love to have both but won't happen. Neither will transfer as both will be 1st round draft picks after 1 more year. If they transfer here they sit out 1 season then play 1 season? Too risky, and in fairness if you want what is best for them they should play their final year and then go get paid.

Last edited:
For what its worth Cade has a higher probability than Amari. Amari is one of theeee guys while Cade is struggling to stay in the rotation because he was expected to be an OT and they hv better players in front of him at OG.
Mays was trained to play multiple positions and has played at least 3. He has probably played 50% of the snaps the last two years. Every time I watched him specifically on plays he did very well.

Cade must've damaged some feelers around here. My goodness.

Don't want you Cade....you said hurtful things and maked me mayud....

tenor.gif

Cade must've damaged some feelers around here. My goodness.
He did say something to the effect of "F Tennessee" during his recruitment so that caused some of the angst. But I will add that comment was probably in response to a bunch of keyboard warriors trashing him. Pruitt said it best, don't worry about who we don't get, focus on those who choose to come to UT.

Mays was trained to play multiple positions and has played at least 3. He has probably played 50% of the snaps the last two years. Every time I watched him specifically on plays he did very well.

He's a 2nd team player my friend. He did start but it was by default due to injuries. He's a natural OG body who has OT aspirations but his arm lengths limit what he can be.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and Remy
He can unmake it. He was only 17 or 18 when the decision was made. Plus he can play with his little brother and I’m sure the family would be happy. He has played significant snaps on possibly the best OL in the country. I’m all for accepting talent that will make the Vols a better team.
Good Lord. A line coach leaves and you think this guy will automatically leave as well? Seriously, anything could happen, but why create these fantasies in your mind? Maybe Peyton's nephew will show up.

He did say something to the effect of "F Tennessee" during his recruitment so that caused some of the angst. But I will add that comment was probably in response to a bunch of keyboard warriors trashing him. Pruitt said it best, don't worry about who we don't get, focus on those who choose to come to UT.
He's not transferring here so its a moot point, but being butthurt because a 17-18 kid responded to stupidity with stupidity is, well, stupid.

Adults really need to get over that. Lol. I'm sure if he wanted to transfer here to play with his brother, Pruitt would say...Aight!

Good Lord. A line coach leaves and you think this guy will automatically leave as well? Seriously, anything could happen, but why create these fantasies in your mind? Maybe Peyton's nephew will show up.
There is a little more to it than the OL coach leaving. I hope I do not have to explain it to you.

He's a 2nd team player my friend. He did start but it was by default due to injuries. He's a natural OG body who has OT aspirations but his arm lengths limit what he can be.
He is a 1st team player for us that would be versatile enough to switch between both Guard and Tackle positions in case we have injuries. I specifically watched him in plays in about 6 games the last two years. He never lost a play from what I watched. No whiffs on pass plays and was always controlling the Dt’s or De’s on run plays.

Said this somewhere else but that thread disappeared.....we got Morris, Wright, Carvin, and Calbert and gonna be just fine. Younger Mays coming hopefully. Big bro can stay in Ugatown and enjoy it as far as I'm concerned.
Experience and Depth. Repeat 1000 times.

Anyone else think we will get Cade Mays back home and to play with his brother Cooper after Sam Pittmans departure from Georgia to be head coach at Arkansas? Also, do you think Amari Rodgers comes back home to be coached underneath his dad Tee Martin? We could use the talent. Go Vols Go!!!
Short Answer : No
Long Answer : Hell No

Reactions: DonDiego
Cade was mad we fired Butch. He was ready to be "A Champion of Life" and build brick mailboxes here. I wish he would have spent some time watching Butch coach, and then he would know why we fired him. At that time, Butch's team, wasn't playing complimentary football.

Reactions: FrankenVol54

VN Store

Back