'20 CA WR Ramon Henderson (ND committ)

Later, Pruitt and Niedermeyer traveled to Bakersfield, Calif, to see four-star athlete Ramon Henderson, who still could take an official visit to Knoxville. Henderson currently is set to take an official visit UCLA this weekend, with a trip to Tennessee the weekend of Dec. 13 still being a possibility.
callahan

Lol Fulmer used to put the best on the DL then the others got to go train to be on the OL...hopefully by their Jr. year. So why not?
You are absolutely right. Even had some go pro as OL, who had never played OL until he moved them there. There are more coaches who do this, than the average fan realizes, especially ones moved to OG.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
He's set to visit UCLA this weekend and I'm hearing he'll visit Tennessee that final weekend. Washington is also working on getting him to visit and cancelling Tennessee, but all signs are pointing to him visiting UT that weekend.
brandon huffman

Just to add to what Brandon said, I think it still might be up in the air for now. I exchanged a couple texts with Henderson and he told me he’s not sure yet whether he’s going to visit Tennessee and he didn’t have a scheduled date to travel to Knoxville. So we’ll see if that happens.
callahan

Reactions: PA Vol
Hyatt, Henderson, and Callaway would be a great WR haul.
With all the players transferring does that open up more slots in this years class? I think a haul of Hyatt, Calloway, Holiday, and Beckwith would be the most ideal obviously Washington at TE too

I don't know that we even have a shot because he's one of the names that just surfaced, but I'd rather have Keyshawn Smith. That kid makes the spectacular look easy.

With all the players transferring does that open up more slots in this years class? I think a haul of Hyatt, Calloway, Holiday, and Beckwith would be the most ideal obviously Washington at TE too
I believe that current rules will only allow us to sign 25 max in a class, regardless of our overall roster. If I'm wrong, I'm sure there will be people who will set me straight.

There is only one way to offset transfers right now, and it not count towards your 25.

You have to get kids to come in as PWOs. If they come in, pay their way for a year (which in theory, could be done with academic scholarships, I would assume), then they can be granted a scholarship after a year. We saw this with Isaiah Montgomery and Pak Garland recently. THOSE guys won't count towards the 25, but will count towards the 85.

Transfers count towards the 25 initial counters that you can have each year.

So, the only way for Pruitt to get back what he is losing in transfers without impacting the size of the recruiting class is to convince guys who are excellent students and able to get full rides to UT, or just who are willing to pay for a year to come in as PWOs, take a redshirt year, and then have 4 years of eligibility.

I think with ESD and the rules about 25 initial counters, we will see PWOs more and more.

Reactions: HawkVol2213
any update on this guy, since it's after 2:30? notre dame bound, right?

would be the only guy west of the mississippi we got, right? I imagine it helps we have a good track program with 2 of the fastest guys in the world

VN Store

Back