'21 CA WDE Jailen Weaver (Nebraska commit)

And more opportunities for swatting passes, creating tipped balls for those glorious INTs.

You know it,Chris Jones had 3 tipped passes in the SB that really changed that game.Most gave the MVP to Mahomes cause it’s the “Sexy Nfl thing to do”but Jones was the man that game,and most the playoffs.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Did this kid drop his final four? I was just checking out 247 and it lists us along with Arizona, Nebraska, and Washington State as the schools he's "warm" on.

Not a take

Hard to know who is or is not a take without knowing the coaches' thoughts. IIRC, word was coaches liked his size and speed. I know he's not highly rated by the services, but I doubt our coaches give a damn what the services think.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Pruitt loves size for the DE spot. Almost OT size with athleticism, and this kid fits the mold. You look back to Raekwon Davis at Bama, to Middleton & RJ Perry. All go about 6'7.

Reactions: BreatheUT and T Dog
So does CJP see something that nobody else does? Is this kid a victim of no camps this summer?

Maybe he does but that is becoming the go to answer now. Is it possible? Absolutely. Likely? Doubt it. Isn’t Antioch a powerhouse in CA?

“I feel like they are a great fit for me in knowing what I know about the coaching staff,” Weaver said. “If I choose to go there, I feel like they can help me get to the next level where I want to be.” The multi-sport athlete, who also stars in track and field, as well as on the basketball court for Antioch High School, has a big frame. Standing in at 6-foot-9, 280-pounds, Weaver has a lot to offer. “They told me they liked what they saw on tape,” Weaver told Volquest back in June. “They like how physical and big I am. Plus, they said they like how I can move with my size.”
“Those are the schools I know the most about,” the defensive lineman said of the trio. “All three can help me with life after football – as well as becoming a better football player. I have the best relationships with these coaches.” Tennessee also offers some comfort for Weaver – if the prospect were to come to Knoxville – as sophomore linebacker Henry To’o To’o hails from the same area as Weaver.
“It wouldn’t be a complete strange place for me,” Weaver said of Tennessee. “I know some players like Henry and he’s told me all about Tennessee. It would be nice to know someone familiar in a new place, so you won’t be so lost.
-VQ

Don't really know much about this kid, but it sounds like he's big and athletic, just raw. Technique can be coached, but size and athleticism cannot. If the coaches truly want him, then they see something. I'm not going to argue it.

So, I know some don't think he's a take, but he announces on Halloween.

Listed as a WDE, but if 247 has his measurables right, this kid is almost OT size. 6'8" 280

For those of you with subscriptions, have TOS said anything about him and our interest?

We are in trouble if we are going back to the Butch method of taking undersized OT projects.
Current Offensive line Commits Height and Weight
William Parker 6-5 330
Colby Smith 6-7 295
J'Marion Gooch 6-7.5 358

I'm unsure where you are getting the idea of recruiting undersized offensive lineman

Last edited:
Supposed to commit on Halloween. Still not sure if we're really interested, or if we're just a hat on the table to have another hat on the table.

Supposed to commit on Halloween. Still not sure if we're really interested, or if we're just a hat on the table to have another hat on the table.
At his size, I’d take him. You can’t teach that kinda height. Plus his frame could handle serious bulk. If he didn’t work at d end, slim him down and make a TE out of him

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back