‘23 CA RB Roderick Robinson (Georgia commit)

I hesitated to respond to this, but yes. If you have a rb they have to respect, the passing game is unbeatable. If they don’t think you can run the ball, makes it a lot harder to air it out.

And if you haven’t noticed, the pass-run distribution is pretty equal. Heupel would love his offense to be good at running the ball.
This offense will make any pretty good RB or WR look great. Need to put the money where we truly need superstar talent. I'll put my cash on QB, DE, corner and LT in that order.

Back to Robinson, he'd be the PERFECT compliment to Sampson in our offense. They'd both put up great numbers and save both sets of legs for the NFL. Low wear is what the scouts love to see in a RB prospect.

Last edited:
This offense will make any pretty good RB or WR look great. Need to put the money where we truly need superstar talent. I'll put my cash on QB, DE, corner and LT in that order.

Back to Robinson, he'd be the PERFECT compliment to Sampson in our offense. They'd both put up great numbers and save both sets of legs for the NFL. Low wear is what the scouts love to see in a RB prospect.

Completely agree!!! I was having this conversation with a friend the other day. He kept saying we need an elite RB, I was like I get it, I do… but with this offense we just need quality good players at WR/RB and they will produce. Where we need elite players is QB, OL, DL, (pass rushers) if you get the blue chippers in those areas, you can develop the other areas to be solid!

Reactions: Smokey19rt
We have Stallings, but Robinson ain't nothing to sneeze at. Very similar players with Robinson being a step faster.

We need both IMO.

What do you think we need more than RB?
comparable players. one is committed
seldon will get snaps at rb too

we need tight ends in a major way, starting rt, we need a lb and dt + potentially s all more than rb imo
now maybe you take best available in some spots outside of those needs

comparable players. one is committed
seldon will get snaps at rb too

we need tight ends in a major way, starting rt, we need a lb and dt + potentially s all more than rb imo
now maybe you take best available in some spots outside of those needs
Yeah...hard to argue with any of that.

The Hobbs kid is the biggest need imo.

We already have Justin Williams Thomas as a power back though. I’d love to have this guy, but adding Stallings as well as Seldon (who could play both RB and WR) makes it to where it’s not exactly a need. Next year we will have Small, Wright, Sampson, JWT, Stallings, and maybe Whitehead although relying on him for RB depth is a big shot in the dark arguably Small is too, but at worst we’ll have 3 guys with experience that can go with Wright, Sampson, and JWT. I do think we take a younger RB through the portal though that way he is ready to play next season while being able to provide depth in 24 and 25

idk if were pushing that hard tbh. spots are tight
How many spots do we have? The only number we have to worry about is the 85-limit on the roster. With no concrete way, for fans at least, to know who will and won't be back next season, how many spots are we planning on filling?

Reactions: hooter vol

Glad to see us recruitng Bosco and Mater Dei. Those two schools have created a monopoly on California football talent. Mater Dei, has three 4 star Cornerbacks for 2024, for example. Also a top 100 QB. Also 2 top 250 running backs. 3 top 150 Olineman? And some 4 star LBs. All of them born in California.

Bosco is exactly the same too. It's really not fair. But at least they don't recruit nationally like IMG.

Robinson is a more polished version of Stallings. I'd be happy with Keith and Stallings, but having a monster like Robinson lineup in our backfield....in our fast paced offense has to be a horrific thing to defend against. Honestly i'm not against getting all 3 and using Stallings in a HB type role

VN Store

Back