‘23 CA RB Roderick Robinson (Georgia commit)

Glad to see us recruitng Bosco and Mater Dei. Those two schools have created a monopoly on California football talent. Mater Dei, has three 4 star Cornerbacks for 2024, for example. Also a top 100 QB. Also 2 top 250 running backs. 3 top 150 Olineman? And some 4 star LBs. All of them born in California.

Bosco is exactly the same too. It's really not fair. But at least they don't recruit nationally like IMG.

Robinson is a more polished version of Stallings. I'd be happy with Keith and Stallings, but having a monster like Robinson lineup in our backfield....in our fast paced offense has to be a horrific thing to defend against. Honestly i'm not against getting all 3 and using Stallings in a HB type role
If we can somehow land all 3 I think Stallings plays LB and Keith plays the jumbo APB type role

If we can somehow land all 3 I think Stallings plays LB and Keith plays the jumbo APB type role

After the Volquest blurb, maybe they are slow playing Stallings now. They definitely want Keith imo. And Robinson still.
Ironically, Keith and Robinson are committed to other schools yet the Vols are after them like they don't have a commitment from a RB.

After the Volquest blurb, maybe they are slow playing Stallings now. They definitely want Keith imo. And Robinson still.
Ironically, Keith and Robinson are committed to other schools yet the Vols are after them like they don't have a commitment from a RB.
It's because we need 2 backs in this class. We have 4 scholarship backs (Whitehead doesn't count anymore). I also wouldn't assume they are slow playing Stallings. If he decommitts, and you don't flip one of the other guys, you're left rolling the dice in the portal. A top portal running back is unlikely when we'll be returning our top 3 rushers and a promising JWT.

RR is about as committed to UCLA as I am.

It's because we need 2 backs in this class. We have 4 scholarship backs (Whitehead doesn't count anymore). I also wouldn't assume they are slow playing Stallings. If he decommitts, and you don't flip one of the other guys, you're left rolling the dice in the portal. A top portal running back is unlikely when we'll be returning our top 3 rushers and a promising JWT.

I think we need at least 2 like you said. But not just any two.

I think Stallings just takes up a roster space, honestly.

I think we need at least 2 like you said. But not just any two.

I think Stallings just takes up a roster space, honestly.
He earned his offer in person at camp. That's a view the coaches got that none of us have. If they decide to pull the offer then so be it. If not, then he may surprise doubters when he arrives. Right now, he's the only commit we have at RB, and there's not a lot of offers being handed out at the position to suggest that they plan to move on from him.

RR is about as committed to UCLA as I am.
The product on the field isn't much, but the uniforms look good, the women are gorgeous and the weather can't be beat. Now once you start trying to make a living you get the he!! outta there, but as a student, I can think of far worse places to spend 4 years.

Reactions: VolByLaw
The product on the field isn't much, but the uniforms look good, the women are gorgeous and the weather can't be beat. Now once you start trying to make a living you get the he!! outta there, but as a student, I can think of far worse places to spend 4 years.
I can get all that and a great place to live, and a muuuch better product on the field and muuuuch better cost of living almost anywhere in a 6 hour radius of where I live now. I can't think of a reason why to go 3000 miles away for anything remotely close to less.

They’re 5-0 currently. Looks like they’re gonna have a good season

Reactions: Orange.
He was recruited by DeShaun Foster at UCLA and really liked the fact UCLA was the #1 public school. Gonna be tough, but we'll see.

Need this dude...

This offense is a powerback away from being unstoppable.
I think Seldon ends up being that guy for us. I know he’s being recruited as a WR, but our WR room is going to be ridiculously deep. I think the staff tries to get him on the field as soon as possible and RB seems like to quickest route to getting him on the field

Need this dude...

This offense is a powerback away from being unstoppable.

This and a TE that is a threat to catch a pass. With our wide splits for the WR’s, a TE going up the seam should be lethal. Apparently, we don’t have one available on this team the coaches feel confident in.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer

VN Store

Back