‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

I’m 100% for Nico to UT but don’t hate on Arch. The guy has every reason to be a cocky jerk but has handled himself with Manning class. He didn’t have to or need to play 7 on 7 to go to a good school. He also could learn more from his family than going to camps. He made one post committing to UTjr and that was it. He has no input in his ranking. The whole thing is just pay sites trying to make a buck. He may turn out to be a meaty okra player but he seems like a good kid and I wish him nothing but the 2nd best.

I’m 100% for Nico to UT but don’t hate on Arch. The guy has every reason to be a cocky jerk but has handled himself with Manning class. He didn’t have to or need to play 7 on 7 to go to a good school. He also could learn more from his family than going to camps. He made one post committing to UTjr and that was it. He has no input in his ranking. The whole thing is just pay sites trying to make a buck. He may turn out to be a meaty okra player but he seems like a good kid and I wish him nothing but the 2nd best.
I would agree with this. He has been mentored by the best.

This. And not only that, he's the product of hype outside of his control. He didn't ask for the attention, and he's done nothing to play into it.

Yeh a lot of these kids love the attention and do everything they can to get it while they can. He obviously just doesn't care for it and had most of his offers a long time ago. Glad we got Nico , but I respect Manning's simplicity.

Myself, I'm not mad or hating Arch. I'm more irritated with the sites that rank him so highly without just cause.

I think we all (everyone who has watched and read about him) know that he's not a legitimate perfect score 5*. That's not his problem that they rank him that way. I don't think he should come out and say, "hey, you shouldn't rank me so high." I think the sites should maintain integrity and stick to their standards for rating a player based on camps, athleticism, and on-field performance.

At this point, a site would get more clicks and reads if they came out and listed him how they would anyone else who has a similar body of work.

He's probably gonna be pretty good. I just don't understand how they can assign a perfect rating, or even a 5* rating, based on what he's shown.

Either way, Nico is the better prospect in general and by far a better prospect for our offense.

He impressed enough to earn a starting job at 2 P5 schools who's HC's happen to be QBs. What's your credentials?
Dumb question regarding my credentials .

He compared Bryce Young redshirting because of Mac Jones (1st round pic with in game experience because of Tua injuries)

And THEN saying Nico will redshirt because of Joe Milton.

So HE'S COMPARING MILTON TO A 1ST ROUND QB by that logic.

Bryce Young wouldn't have redshirted if Joe Milton were all that Alabama had. AND NEITHER WILL NICO.

Let me guess, you want Nico to sit and wait behind Tayven Jackson too🙄🙄🙄?!

We've all seen Joe play! Yeah, he's a Vol. GREAT!! So will Nico by the time he's enrolled. You all argue for the sake of loyalty. 🙄. When BOTH QBs are Vols.

He compared Bryce Young redshirting because of Mac Jones (1st round pic with in game experience because of Tua injuries)

Bryce Young wouldn't have redshirted if Joe Milton were all that Alabama had. AND NEITHER WILL NICO.

Some of you are so stupid. We've all seen Joe play! Yeah, he's a Vol. GREAT!! So will Nico by the time he's enrolled. You all argue for the sake of loyalty. 🙄. When BOTH QBs are Vols.

Idiots...

You keep talking about Mac Jones the first round pick, but seem to be missing that he wasn't a first round pick when the decision was made to red shirt BY. He was ok after Tua went down but he wasn't great. But since you've decided to go low and call people names, I don't need to see what you post anymore.

Some of you are so stupid. We've all seen Joe play! Yeah, he's a Vol. GREAT!! So will Nico by the time he's enrolled. You all argue for the sake of loyalty. 🙄. When BOTH QBs are Vols.

Idiots...

Now now little one calling someone an idiot isn't very becoming of you.

Idiots...
I saw the first game Mac Jones played (Tennessee 2019) and he looked awful. Didn’t look great remainder of the year and if you asked me then there was no way I would say he’d be a high draft pick a year and a half later. What happened? He worked his craft and developed.

I believe you will see the same with Milton, and what does it say for our coaching staff in terms of development if he can’t improve? It’s in our programs best interest for him to develop into that QB that Mac Jones developed into.

I'm not going to lie, I get super irritated with the some of the fans one here. Not all of them. Some are really knowledgeable, level headed people that can see things as they are in regards to football.

But you have people on here asking
- "Why don't they just put pads on first day of practice??" lol
- "Nico can't process our offense fast enough yet" and just haven't even watched the kid. His release is the fastest in the country. He reads through his progressions faster than anyone at his level right now.

Before other people (M Farrell and others) actually started to openly criticize Arch Manning. I also made it known to many on here that Nico was better AND IT WASN'T even close. I said this earlier this year. In the past 10 years, I've only seen one other QB with similar arm talent, with the ability to quickly read a defense and quickly deliver it like Nico does. And that's Bryce Young.
Saban went after Nico while he was committed ...even when he had guys committed to Bama ...and Arch not committed yet! Just think about that what that means...what it really means!

Vols fans just live in fear. Seriously? START JOE MILTON????!!What!???

This isn't some wild gamble of an opinion. Saban wanted him badly! Because he would take over immediately after Bryce left. Yes...he would beat out Simpson, and Milroe. I'm extremely high on Simpson, and he wouldn't beat out Nico. A true freshman Nico.
This isn't ATH 5 star James Banks, 5 star Jon Crompton, or 5 star Harrison Bailey that needs to speed up his delivery. This is the most advanced QB will ever sign up to this point.
I've been wrong before , but I am not wrong about this.

This is as plain as the green grass on the field! There is not some secret knowledge about his talent. Its obvious in your face talent. Physical and intangible talent.
Are you a scout? Why should we believe any of your takes over anyone else?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Idiots...
Not gonna lie, you're coming across like everyone's old friend.....the barber. Take it down a notch champ.

Reactions: Orange_Crush

Idiots...
There is an extremely high probability that Nico will redshirt. Like it or not, it's probably going to happen.

And still play 4 games barring injury to a starter in front of him
I think this is what will most likely happen. I know people want to see him right away, but he needs a year to acclimate, learn the system, build relationships, and put on some size. Starting before they're physically and mentally prepared could ruin any player's career. That would be terrible. Need to take every step and precaution to make sure he becomes the best player and person possible.

I think this is what will most likely happen. I know people want to see him right away, but he needs a year to acclimate, learn the system, build relationships, and put on some size. Starting before they're physically and mentally prepared could ruin any player's career. That would be terrible. Need to take every step and precaution to make sure he becomes the best player and person possible.
Worked ok for Bryce Young

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
People hate on Arch too much. Even if he doesn't do anything there, he got Texas a crazy amount of talent
Do I think he's the best QB in the land, no...we all know who the best HS player in the nation is; but, I'd never bet against a Manning becoming great.

And, I'd never hate on Arch...I love, and have nothing but the highest respect, for his family; his uncle is the greatest football player to ever live, and the second most important person in the history of our program.

Strange questions. Someone puts ideas out there for discussion, and you want to talk about him, not those ideas. Who cares? If you disagree, how about making your own case?
He puts down everyone who has a different opinion than him. Like he's some all knowing football God. If he can't tell us what makes him such an authority on college football then I have no desire to speak to him.

VN Store

Back