‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

I wouldn't be shocked if Nico was named the starter kid just has that IT factor.If he does he's going to have to earn it on the field,in the weight room,with his teammates but this game is way more than "see ball throw ball".If Heupel thinks he's ready for the big stage then I'm all for it.I mean most think Milton is gonna be that guy next year but u best believe Hype is gonna have to see more than 10 passes against a Mac squad.Like Nico would have to earn it Milton will also Coach Hype aint betting a full season on anyone he doesn't fully trust.Hopefully we get a game or 2 more where Milton can really showcase a few things.

Reactions: 508mikey
I wouldn't be shocked if Nico was named the starter kid just has that IT factor.If he does he's going to have to earn it on the field,in the weight room,with his teammates but this game is way more than "see ball throw ball".If Heupel thinks he's ready for the big stage then I'm all for it.I mean most think Milton is gonna be that guy next year but u best believe Hype is gonna have to see more than 10 passes against a Mac squad.Like Nico would have to earn it Milton will also Coach Hype aint betting a full season on anyone he doesn't fully trust.Hopefully we get a game or 2 more where Milton can really showcase a few things.

I would be shocked if Nico was the starter. Yes he most certainly has the “it” factor. But many QBs, especially in the SEC, have had it as well. Nico is definitely an impressive QB. But being impressive in high school is one thing. Coming into the toughest conference in college football and starting right off the bat is another.

Now maybe he spells Milton because of an injury and takes over the job like Trevor Lawrence did. But even then, it’s risky. I think he will RS and get a good bit more time with Heupel and Halze and be ready for 2024.

Forgive my ignorance or memory... But on a personal note with Nicos Family. Wasn't the plan at one point for the family to move to TN, Nashville area if I recall correctly?? Any updates on that?

After this year, then Madden playing for somewhere in midstate like Lipscomb Academy or something...

Or staying in Cali til after Madden graduates, I'd hope we have a good chance with Madden as well.

Nah...
Not if he's a true freshman.
That's impossible!

Gotta ride the bench for 1 year to even learn how to take a snap from shotgun from a college center!!!

Buckle in for the long haul!
Heup has shown he is not afraid to start a true freshman QB. He started Dillon Gabriel at UCF. It is clear he is going to play who he thinks will be the best for his system. I don't think it's a slam dunk that either Milton or Nico start. We will see how it goes. I just think you're selling Milton a little too short and that is understandable, given his history.

Heup has shown he is not afraid to start a true freshman QB. He started Dillon Gabriel at UCF. It is clear he is going to play who he thinks will be the best for his system. I don't think it's a slam dunk that either Milton or Nico start. We will see how it goes. I just think you're selling Milton a little too short and that is understandable, given his history.
Little is dying on the Milton sucks hill he has been screaming it but doesn’t understand that Milton will be in year 3 of the same system (film, practice, team meetings, etc)… this will be hard for Nico to overcome and beat him out especially the fact that Milton probably has more arm talent then any other Qb in college football… he will shine in practice while Nico is still learning the system… the teammates love and respect Milton and Nico will have to earn that as well… Milton will be the starter game 1 of 2023 I’ve said it 10 plus times but like I said heup wont hesitate to start Nico or tayven if milton struggles to translate his practice play to the game…

Last edited:
If Milton is named the starter next year (because experience and all) and in the first series of the first game slings a pass ten yards over a wide open wr's head... With Nico standing on the sidelines... the level of sh** just got real in Neyland will be off the charts.

looks more confident, relaxed. How much of that is the HH factor ?
Not sure but what I do like is that they support each other. HH is right, Milton when he is clicking and playing within himself is a very scary thought for anyone on the other coaching staff. Proud of the guy and I was a huge critic last year

Not sure but what I do like is that they support each other. HH is right, Milton when he is clicking and playing within himself is a very scary thought for anyone on the other coaching staff. Proud of the guy and I was a huge critic last year
yes agreed, shows a lot of character to sit behind someone else and stay humbled, focused, and selfless. I couldnt do it.

These traits arent lauded enough today. We prop rich, and, folks gravitate toward most likes on SM.

Little is dying on the Milton sucks hill he has been screaming it but doesn’t understand that Milton will be in year 3 of the same system (film, practice, team meetings, etc)… this will be hard for Nico to overcome and beat him out especially the fact that Milton probably has more arm talent then any other Qb in college football… he will shine in practice while Nico is still learning the system… the teammates love and respect Milton and Nico will have to earn that as well… Milton will be the starter game 1 of 2023 I’ve said it 10 plus times but like I said heup wont hesitate to start Nico or tayven if milton struggles to translate his practice play to the game…
Best case scenario for the program is Milton having a real good year, giving the other two time to practice and learn. With Milton’s insane arm talent, a successful year gets him into the NFL’s first round, which helps UT from the recruiting standpoint as that would be QBs drafted two years in a row (Hooker and Milton) with one going high

Best case scenario for the program is Milton having a real good year, giving the other two time to practice and learn. With Milton’s insane arm talent, a successful year gets him into the NFL’s first round, which helps UT from the recruiting standpoint as that would be QBs drafted two years in a row (Hooker and Milton) with one going high
Anybody think we pursue a transfer to compete with Milton next year?

If Milton is named the starter next year (because experience and all) and in the first series of the first game slings a pass ten yards over a wide open wr's head... With Nico standing on the sidelines... the level of sh** just got real in Neyland will be off the charts.

This seems like unnecessary concern about a lot of IFs. This constant notion that the coaches have secret motivations needs to end. If Milton is the starter, it's going to be because Huepel thinks he gives us the best chance of winning. It's that simple. IMO, Nico would need to be absolutely incredible in camp to unseat Milton.

VN Store

Back