‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

If Nelson flips to TAMU, should we start to be concerned about Riley coming after Nico? I’m not asking if Nico would flip. Just if we think Riley would make him his primary target.

If Nelson flips to TAMU, should we start to be concerned about Riley coming after Nico? I’m not asking if Nico would flip. Just if we think Riley would make him his primary target.

I think we should assume every team is coming after Nico. Especially when he destroys it again this year.

Nelson is just accompanying Zach Branch who is going there on a legit visit
Going to accompany his best friend/ #1 WR in the country who has been committed to the same school? I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they’re gonna work Nelson too, and he’s there for it.

Going to accompany his best friend/ #1 WR in the country who has been committed to the same school? I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they’re gonna work Nelson too, and he’s there for it.

Why would Nelson flip to a underachieving program with little recent evidence of QB development over a blue blood in his own backyard with one of the best QB developers around?

Not to mention the kid was committed to OU before he flipped to USC.

USC will match any NIL number A&M throws out.

Why would Nelson flip to a underachieving program with little recent evidence of QB development over a blue blood in his own backyard with one of the best QB developers around?

Why would his friend/ #1 WR in the country flip to aTm? Don’t think they want to play together?

A lot of rumors about USC not holding up to their promises regarding NIL. Just something to keep an eye on.

Where is he going to go? At the present time, he'd be ineligible to play if he left. He'd not only will have not gotten what USC promised, but also mess up his potential NFL money.

You think the NCAA is going to force an all-american to sit this season out? Be realistic.

He's a first-second round guarantee regardless of if he plays or not this season, so sitting out to train wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Ok.. then he shouldn't have a reason to leave and these rumors aren't accurate.. which was my initial comment.
I should have been more clear. I believe they are honoring the specific terms of the contract, but not the pie in the sky promises they made him to get him to transfer in the first place.

People sign deals they didn't read or fully understand every day. Especially kids who have never even received a W2 before.

Where is he going? Portal is closed if he wants to play immediately, and he's used his one-time transfer, so he'd have to sit a year, anyway. He's stuck, regardless.

It seems like the rules are ever-changing and loopholes are constantly found to get these kids eligible.

Regardless, USC needs Addison way more than Addison needs them. Whatever issue they're having - I have a hard time believing it won't be resolved.

You think the NCAA is going to force an all-american to sit this season out? Be realistic.

He's a first-second round guarantee regardless of if he plays or not this season, so sitting out to train wouldn't be the end of the world either.
I am being realistic. This isn't the NFL. The NCAA isn't losing money if Addison sits out. They also don't care about him being unhappy about his transfer, unless he has violations against the school to report. If you think every entity is holding up their end on some of these NIL "deals", then you're not being realistic. Some of these deals have been verbal agreements. Others have taken advantage of kids not having lawyers review contracts, and include "fine print". A lot of this will start to come out over the next year on certain programs.

It seems like the rules are ever-changing and loopholes are constantly found to get these kids eligible.

Regardless, USC needs Addison way more than Addison needs them. Whatever issue they're having - I have a hard time believing it won't be resolved.
I certainly agree that he's more valuable to them than they are to him. His status as a top-10 draft-eligible WR is pretty firm whether he plays, or not. USC should do whatever it takes to work it out and make good on their end of the bargain.

I just can't see the NCAA, who has been neutered by NIL, not sinking their teeth into a situation where they still have absolute control, and especially when it comes in response to NIL biting a kid/school in the rear. My guess is they have just been sitting and waiting for a high-profile case like this to pop up so they can make an example out of it and flex what little muscle they have left.

I am being realistic. This isn't the NFL. The NCAA isn't losing money if Addison sits out. They also don't care about him being unhappy about his transfer, unless he has violations against the school to report. If you think every entity is holding up their end on some of these NIL "deals", then you're not being realistic. Some of these deals have been verbal agreements. Others have taken advantage of kids not having lawyers review contracts, and include "fine print". A lot of this will start to come out over the next year on certain programs.
I think Miami is gonna crash & burn on some of their NIL promises.

VN Store

Back