‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

So let's get this straight; Alabama has two QB commits and both make jumps up in the rankings, Oklahoma's QB commit makes a jump, Oregon's QB makes a jump, Clemson's QB makes a jump, USC's QB makes a jump, Miami's QB holds rather firm.

And Nico Iamaleava, who has reportedly dominated every camp appearance he's participated in, falls 14 spots and is now the #8 QB in the country. This, in spite of the fact that 247 has him #3 overall, Rivals has him #8 overall, and on3 has him at #10 overall.

Hey, ESPN...
giphy-2.gif

I told you guys that these recruiting services base their rankings off the schools these kids are committed too.

Both Bama QBs are ranked ahead of Nico on ESPN…

How much proof do you star gazers need? 🤣

You are using ESPN. Tell us how many other recruiting services has Bamas QBs ranked ahead of Nico.

So let's get this straight; Alabama has two QB commits and both make jumps up in the rankings, Oklahoma's QB commit makes a jump, Oregon's QB makes a jump, Clemson's QB makes a jump, USC's QB makes a jump, Miami's QB holds rather firm.

And Nico Iamaleava, who has reportedly dominated every camp appearance he's participated in, falls 14 spots and is now the #8 QB in the country. This, in spite of the fact that 247 has him #3 overall, Rivals has him #8 overall, and on3 has him at #10 overall.

Hey, ESPN...
View attachment 475247

Nobody takes ESPN seriously

Hey, ESPN...
View attachment 475247

ESPN doesn’t have the resources to fully evaluate recruiting. It’s kind of pointless to why they even try anymore. Nico not attending elite 11 droppped him for them as that is one of the few things they can send people to evaluate at these days

Reactions: cncchris33
Espn updated their rankings. Nico is #27 🤣. He’s behind arch (now #2), both bama qb’s, moore (oregon), arnold (ou), rashada (miami) & nelson (usc). So Nico is last of all the qb’s. Espn is sooo bad, I swear they do it on purpose

Maybe they don't look at video or stats. Maybe they just roll up the rankings like they're doing D&D characters.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
ESPN doesn’t have the resources to fully evaluate recruiting. It’s kind of pointless to why they even try anymore. Nico not attending elite 11 droppped him for them as that is one of the few things they can send people to evaluate at these days
Then they should just stop and leave it to the pros. Hitch their wagon to one of the sites that specializes in it like CBS has done with 247. They look like total goons with updates like this.

Espn updated their rankings. Nico is #27 🤣. He’s behind arch (now #2), both bama qb’s, moore (oregon), arnold (ou), rashada (miami) & nelson (usc). So Nico is last of all the qb’s. Espn is sooo bad, I swear they do it on purpose

200w.gif

PS. ESPN won't be happy till they get our 2023 class out of the top 20!

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
I told you guys that these recruiting services base their rankings off the schools these kids are committed too.

Both Bama QBs are ranked ahead of Nico on ESPN…

How much proof do you star gazers need? 🤣
#27 vs #3 is pretty irrelevant over hundreds and thoudands of players. It's a couple people's opinion and is hardly #1 vs #500. The Bias is just your assumption...while also accepting Trey was #1 overall. ESPN sucks regardless. Bias or not, they just suck.

"Star gazers" base their views off of the overall, broad data. It's why the Blue Chip Ratio is undefeated and the best teams follow from the best classes.

ESPN is a small piece of the puzzle. But most can agree they shouldn't even be included in the algorithm anyway. Rivals too.

Last edited:
Why are so many dumping salt on Arch? It's Peyton's nephew. You know the greatest qb to ever run through the T. I get the fact that Arch hasn't camped much, played against weaker competition and all, but no need to wish the kid would fail. Now watch Peyton and Eli coach him up and have him ready to light up the record books by his sophomore season.

Btw I still think nico is the more talented qb with a higher ceiling.
GBO
I suspect it's the "silver spoon" perception. He hasn't camped, has put up average stats against very poor competition, and the services rated him as only the 3rd perfect rating in service(s) history. I think some folks are just saying, "Prove it". It's a bad taste when this kind of thing is literally just given to someone based on who other people have been in the past.

VN Store

Back