‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Nico's dad per the decision to go to UT, as opposed to accusations that it's just about the NIL. (Great quote! Wise words.)

“If you really do your homework, (Josh Heupel) is the only head coach who actually played quarterback that was part of Nico’s recruitment. .... And then you break down their coaching staff, you have (Alex) Golesh, a great offensive mind and you have Joey Halzle so he’s a California kid, really big and instrumental in Nico’s recruitment and played quarterback as well.

“A lot of dudes recruiting him never played quarterback at a high level. They don’t know the experiences he’s going through. I don’t know what he’s going through, what he’s going to go through emotionally, mentally, so I needed to surround him with men, grown men, great coaches that are going to surround my son and help with his development not only on the field but off the field to grow as a person. Those three men along with their assistants, they’re going to be surrounding my son that I’ve met and spent a lot of time with over the last seven, eight months.”

Nico's dad per the decision to go to UT, as opposed to accusations that it's just about the NIL. (Great quote! Wise words.)

From this article you can tell Nico got great advice from a smart father who understands the type of coaches who will help his son develop at the next level and beyond.

This was from an athletic article on Madden but just shows he comes from an outstanding family.

“Nico being such a great kid, son and brother, he has been really helpful,” Nicholaus said. “There’s only so many things dad can say, you know, and then Nico comes in after and really helps out with that. …

“Nico’s grounded, which also helps with Madden. Our Polynesian background and culture — we don’t allow nobody to be bigger than the program. Nico knows his role. He’s still a kid. He still takes out the trash, mows the lawn, has chores at home. It doesn’t matter if you are committed to Tennessee or in the league, you still have yours to do.”

Lol’d at manning not throwing. How he continues to be the top ranked qb is mind blowing. Any other athlete loses stars for not doing camps
That Manning name propping him higher. I don't care that he's a Manning.
I've seen Encanto. Not everyone in the family gets super powers 😁

Some of his highlights looked against weaker comp but you can only play what's before you I'm sure he'll be good but not sure he'd be #1 if his last name was different

This was from an athletic article on Madden but just shows he comes from an outstanding family.

“Nico being such a great kid, son and brother, he has been really helpful,” Nicholaus said. “There’s only so many things dad can say, you know, and then Nico comes in after and really helps out with that. …

“Nico’s grounded, which also helps with Madden. Our Polynesian background and culture — we don’t allow nobody to be bigger than the program. Nico knows his role. He’s still a kid. He still takes out the trash, mows the lawn, has chores at home. It doesn’t matter if you are committed to Tennessee or in the league, you still have yours to do.”
Pops teaching his kids right.

Lol’d at manning not throwing. How he continues to be the top ranked qb is mind blowing. Any other athlete loses stars for not doing camps
Kind of surprised Rivals posted this video of Manning...not the most flattering to me. At least for a highlight reel

Man this whole family is pretty spectacular..His parents deserve a round of applause.

QB Nico Iamaleava brings winning attitude and drive to Warren football
"Just the leadership, the responsibility you have and control of the team," Iamaleava said. "I just love it all."

Growing up in Southern California, sports were in his DNA. But it wasn't football he played first; instead, it was rugby since it's a big part of his family's Samoan culture.

"My grandpa was big on rugby," Iamaleava said. "And they don't have too much out there, so all it takes is just a ball and tackling — no pads, no nothing."
From rugby, he moved on to flag and then tackle football. Although he played a variety of positions from safety to receiver, Iamaleava landed on being a quarterback.

And while there are plenty of other Polynesian football legends that have come before, the high school junior is the latest in a string of elite Polynesian quarterbacks.

"People know us to be the big lineman and stuff like that, but Tua Tagovailoa and Marcus Mariota have changed that culture. Now, I'm right along with them," he said.

From the moment he suited up and took up the position, he was a natural, with a natural skill set that caught the eye of Warren head coach Kevin Pearson.
At the time, Iamaleava was not with the Bears. He was lining up against them at Long Beach Poly.

"His arm talent jumped off the charts, then his size is something else, then his mobility, physical toughness and intelligence," Pearson said. "He's the full package."

When he later transferred to Warren to join Pearson's program, the longtime head coach said Iamaleava's demeanor struck him as unique.

"After that game I said, 'My gosh, that kid is gonna be something special,' not even knowing we'd have him," Pearson said. "He just understands what it means to be a leader."

It's an especially important skill at Warren, where Pearson has built a culture that prioritizes success on the football field — where the Bears have a perfect season so far — and a culture of giving one's best off the field.

"Football is the ultimate team sport," he said. "It's the one sport you need all 11 guys being selfless in each play. We just wanted to get a culture where the kids give great effort on the field and in the classroom and produce great young men."

And that's one thing Iamaleava exemplifies, what it means to be part of a team. As one of eight siblings, some might say he's an expert

Edit..*not sure why it's showing up like this font or the color my bad*

Last edited:
Kind of surprised Rivals posted this video of Manning...not the most flattering to me. At least for a highlight reel

? It’s 7 on 7 the ball was where it was supposed to be on almost every throw. Sometimes his receivers couldn’t handle a fast throw…. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s not a “highlight reel” it’s a video of his plays that day in the 7 on 7….

? It’s 7 on 7 the ball was where it was supposed to be on almost every throw. Sometimes his receivers couldn’t handle a fast throw…. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s not a “highlight reel” it’s a video of his plays that day in the 7 on 7….
Agreed. Nothing not to like.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
pfft call it what you want. It was on Rivals and it's still a showcase video.
First pass was a drop. Don't remember them posting other videos with so many misses, drops..
Those passes didn't look that fast to me, guess Milton spoiled me with fastballs

VN Store

Back