‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Of all the cringy social media trends, I think fake charity probably irks me the most. Giving Nico the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know it was a photo op, it's petty as hell to make that man pay for two water bottles by plastering his picture on your Twitter.

If the post "wasn't about Nico", as it says, then there was no reason to take a picture and put it out there. Not always practical, but charity should be anonymous when possible. If you plaster it on the internet it isn't charity, it's a transaction.
Can I ask an honest question here?

From what I have seen of Nico, he is a high character guy. I have not seen any issues arise in home, solid and supportive family, and he has a history of being involved with charity (don’t ask for a link, likely won’t be able to find it, but seems that I remember something about this). He also has not, from what I have seen, historically been “all about me” and done publicity stunts for attention.

With future behavior being best predicted by past behavior, what leads you to believe this is a publicity stunt staged for Twitter vs actual compassion captured by his coach or sent to him from someone in the community?

Again—not attacking, just curious.

Of all the cringy social media trends, I think fake charity probably irks me the most. Giving Nico the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know it was a photo op, it's petty as hell to make that man pay for two water bottles by plastering his picture on your Twitter.

If the post "wasn't about Nico", as it says, then there was no reason to take a picture and put it out there. Not always practical, but charity should be anonymous when possible. If you plaster it on the internet it isn't charity, it's a transaction.
Ah yes it's all about him because someone took a picture of a 5 star QB and then Coach Nic was bragging about his good heart

Why would you automatically assume the worst?

Thumbs up for giving the water.

Thumbs down for taking a pic of the guy, and posting it online.

I’ll be honest, I’m glad someone took his pic and posted it. There’s so much negativity running rampant in society I believe it’s actually a good thing when there is light shined on the positivity that’s there. If for no other reason than to inspires those (a lot on this board) who live in constant darkness and negativity (even if only their overall outlook on life).

I’ll be honest, I’m glad someone took his pic and posted it. There’s so much negativity running rampant in society I believe it’s actually a good thing when there is light shined on the positivity that’s there. If for no other reason than to inspires those (a lot on this board) who live in constant darkness and negativity (even if only their overall outlook on life).

If it was someone at random, OK, but I was under the impression that it was someone with Nico publicizing him.

If it was someone at random, OK, but I was under the impression that it was someone with Nico publicizing him.
I don’t think that matters, his uncle’s proud of him. I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews I would be proud of them for doing something similar and share it to show people there is actual good in the world, not merely all the hopeless negativity most people love to live in.

Pretty obvious he wasn't giving a damn about a picture.If he gave him water n posed for a shot with the interlocking Vol Sign posted #HelpingHomelessHomies underneath then whatever. I'm fairly certain they were eating dinner etc dude been outside it's hot.I know if I sat there with all the blessings he's gotten no way I watch someone sit n suffer n not do something.He got up said I'll be rite back and someone got the camera n filmed him cause they were so proud of Nico lol..

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
AD has come out against ESPN. That guy should be fired.

Just goes to show what people will do to try and bring down programs on the rise. Absolutely ridiculous and he should be removed from the booth for the rest of the post season.

Just goes to show what people will do to try and bring down programs on the rise. Absolutely ridiculous and he should be removed from the booth for the rest of the post season.
I dont think it was any more than an error in judgement, nothing personal. Prob read it on an internet chat room and regurgitated as fact.

Either way, it was dumb. Should be reprimanded, yes.

I dont think it was any more than an error in judgement, nothing personal. Prob read it on an internet chat room and regurgitated as fact.

Either way, it was dumb. Should be reprimanded, yes.

There’s still the issue of saying something is factual without even checking first. It seems he went out of his way more than once to push the agenda. If he wanted to say Evan is out for the game that’s fine whatever but he kept on and on. Then took it further by bringing the whole team in and basically saying Tennessee has done it all year.

There’s still the issue of saying something is factual without even checking first. It seems he went out of his way more than once to push the agenda. If he wanted to say Evan is out for the game that’s fine whatever but he kept on and on. Then took it further by bringing the whole team in and basically saying Tennessee has done it all year.

That whole situation was weird to say the least. How did he think that would end well?

Peyton did similar things while on campus. I remember he bought pizzas for people camping out to buys tickets. A news network just happened to be around to catch it. They all want to be liked and unfortunately videoing yourself is a part of culture now.

Moved up to #4 in the composite. #3 QB

Nico has the most charisma and "IT" factor of all the 5 star QBs for 2023, imo.

Arch has the pedigree and more than likely he will be wildly successful at whatever college he chooses.

Still, Nico with 3 years of Heupel is potentially outstanding!

I wouldn't be surprised if Nico left with 100 tds 11,000 yards in 3 years...

By the time it's said and done, he may be the #1 overall player in the country, especially if he blows up even more during the season.
The Opening/Elite 11 finals will shake a few things up, which sucks because it’s useless. But I think Nico will eventually pass Nelson for the #2 spot based on his upside, but I struggle to see any service moving Manning out of #1.

The Opening/Elite 11 finals will shake a few things up, which sucks because it’s useless. But I think Nico will eventually pass Nelson for the #2 spot based on his upside, but I struggle to see any service moving Manning out of #1.
Agreed, they want "Manning" to remain #1 no matter what happens.

VN Store

Back