‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

The more I see of NICO, the more I believe he will make more than 2 mil off NIL because I believe businesses are going to be lined up to have him appear or do commercials.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
I don't understand pushin P. The song makes no sense. I do understand what works in recruiting. Social media isn't real life. TikTok isn't real life. But for too many in the world, perception is their reality. That's why I said these kids live in the world of make believe. Right now we have momentum because of perception. Once we get them on campus, we can sell them and their families on what's real and tangible.
I try to tell my kids this to. What you see on social media is "snapshot" of their best moments (mostly there are exceptions to this insert andy). Don't use it as a measuring stick for your life.

Brady is without a doubt the most accomplished QB ever. Still fun to consider what Peyton would have been on those Patriot teams, do you feel they would’ve been worse with Manning than Brady?
"Worse"? I mean... who's to say?

There definitely wouldn't have been a noticeable drop off or anything like that... Brady is the ultimate clutch QB.... Peyton was the ultimate student of the game.... Peyton had significantly better WRs during his time in the NFL... Brady obviously had better defenses and better defensive schemes, but the Colts defense in Peyton's heyday had two premium pass rushers and was built for Manning to build a lead and the vices to tighten trying to catch up... it's impossible to argue against the hardware at this point.... Brady was winning a Super Bowl or at least making it there every other year... and sans the couple seasons he had Moss, with below league average WRs and solid-great defenses... Peyton always had everything he needed on offense, and sometimes that small but sideline-to-sideline Tampa 2 defense broke down, but you just can't argue with the hardware... Brady did what he needed to do to win... he's the GOAT... he earned it :p

IMO... Rodgers/Manning/Montana have their own tier 2.... then tier three you get to the Brees/Elway/Marino/Favre/etc other great all-timers... Mahomes is climbing the ranks quickly

If Nico ever gets mentioned in the same breath as any of those guys.... he's gonna be a lot richer than that 8 mil NIL deal.... best of luck big dog! Looking forward to watching you sling it!

The more I see of NICO, the more I believe he will make more than 2 mil off NIL because I believe businesses are going to be lined up to have him appear or do commercials.
Said that when we first signed him. Guy got the looks, the swag and can talk/interview good.
He legit could make his money actually moving items.
TN is a Nike school. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nike make some shoes like AF1's and call them Nico's, shirts, his own line of pajamas, etc
If they bring back EA NCAA Football, Nico gonna be on the cover.
As far as true NIL and not the wink wink it is now, he has the potential to actually make his money via NIL

Said that when we first signed him. Guy got the looks, the swag and can talk/interview good.
He legit could make his money actually moving items.
TN is a Nike school. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nike make some shoes like AF1's and call them Nico's, shirts, his own line of pajamas, etc
If they bring back EA NCAA Football, Nico gonna be on the cover.
As far as true NIL and not the wink wink it is now, he has the potential to actually make his money via NIL
I said last night, if he can stay healthy, and he keeps with trajectory, he can be the face of the NIL era of college athletics, at least initially.

We'll just agree to disagree. Why do you think there was all the talk about "pushin P" a few months ago? None of us even knows what that means, but recruits loved it. It doesn't have to make sense to you or me if it helps in recruiting. These kids live in the land of make believe.
True again....except Nico is a more talented QB than Arch.

The other 5 star boy committed to USC is not a 5 star imo. Nico is the only 5 star QB i see.

Honestly the "Manning name" grew to what it was because of Peyton. ALL of them were good to great. But Peyton's tireless work ethic and study set him apart. I don't a anticipate Arch to be what UT had in 95,96,97...

But NICO will shatter all of Mannings records with this offense and his skillset.

True again....except Nico is a more talented QB than Arch.

The other 5 star boy committed to USC is not a 5 star imo. Nico is the only 5 star QB i see.

Honestly the "Manning name" grew to what it was because of Peyton. ALL of them were good to great. But Peyton's tireless work ethic and study set him apart. I don't a anticipate Arch to be what UT had in 95,96,97...

But NICO will shatter all of Mannings records with this offense and his skillset.
I agree. To me, Nico is a taller version of Bryce Young with a stronger arm and more marketable.

the cliff notes from andy staples athletic piece:

The prodigal NIL son?
It’s hard to miss Nico Iamaleava on a practice field, as The Athletic’s Andy Staples writes. He’s 6-foot-6 and plays seven-on-seven football in loud pajama pants.

The five-star quarterback, committed to Tennessee, has a silky arm, a smoother personality and the business acumen of a mogul. Though not overtly confirmed, Staples surmises well that Iamaleava is probably the $8 million NIL star detailed in this Athletic piece from March. Iamaleava checks all the boxes.

Those pajama pants, by the way? They’ll be for sale soon, just one spoke in the NIL wheel. Other highlights of Iamaleava’s unique ride so far:

Why Tennessee?
Spyre Sports, a Knoxville, Tenn.-based marketing agency, is on the forefront of NIL deals, like that rumored $8 million deal for the “unnamed” recruit. Staples noticed that within hours of Iamaleava showing up for an official visit to Tennessee last week, the quarterback was at a meet-and-greet with Tennessee fans at a Knoxville ice cream shop.

When asked about the $8 million deal, Iamaleava’s father, Nick, gave a “no comment.”

Iamaleava is committed committed to Tennessee.
Enough to join in on an extremely inside joke from the Tennessee baseball team, whose outfielder Jordan Beck had a home run taken away last weekend due to a missing inspection sticker on his bat. Tennessee baseball head coach joked after the game that Beck “forged his transcript” and “is actually a 35-year-old named Mike Honcho.”

The community rallied behind the Honcho alter-ego, enough to get some T-shirts made. Iamaleava went live Friday on Instagram wearing a Honcho shirt, sales of which go back to Beck. I’m sure promoting the shirt to nearly 43,000 followers gave sales a nice boost.
It’s clear Iamaleava has the personality, and he clearly has the talent as a five-star prospect. But he hasn’t played a down of college football yet. We’ll see if he can live up to the $8 million hype.

More like Trevor Lawrence because he's tall, but maybe quicker.

I kinda doubt he will get quite as big as Trevor though.
I bet he does. Trevor only got to 220 at 6'6" so he's looks skinnier than Hendon who's around 220.
I'm pretty sure it took Trevor like 2 years at Clemson to get to that weight too. I want to say he was around 205 or 210 early on because he didn't run very much early on.

the cliff notes from andy staples athletic piece:

The prodigal NIL son?
It’s hard to miss Nico Iamaleava on a practice field, as The Athletic’s Andy Staples writes. He’s 6-foot-6 and plays seven-on-seven football in loud pajama pants.

The five-star quarterback, committed to Tennessee, has a silky arm, a smoother personality and the business acumen of a mogul. Though not overtly confirmed, Staples surmises well that Iamaleava is probably the $8 million NIL star detailed in this Athletic piece from March. Iamaleava checks all the boxes.

Those pajama pants, by the way? They’ll be for sale soon, just one spoke in the NIL wheel. Other highlights of Iamaleava’s unique ride so far:

Why Tennessee?
Spyre Sports, a Knoxville, Tenn.-based marketing agency, is on the forefront of NIL deals, like that rumored $8 million deal for the “unnamed” recruit. Staples noticed that within hours of Iamaleava showing up for an official visit to Tennessee last week, the quarterback was at a meet-and-greet with Tennessee fans at a Knoxville ice cream shop.

When asked about the $8 million deal, Iamaleava’s father, Nick, gave a “no comment.”

Iamaleava is committed committed to Tennessee.
Enough to join in on an extremely inside joke from the Tennessee baseball team, whose outfielder Jordan Beck had a home run taken away last weekend due to a missing inspection sticker on his bat. Tennessee baseball head coach joked after the game that Beck “forged his transcript” and “is actually a 35-year-old named Mike Honcho.”

The community rallied behind the Honcho alter-ego, enough to get some T-shirts made. Iamaleava went live Friday on Instagram wearing a Honcho shirt, sales of which go back to Beck. I’m sure promoting the shirt to nearly 43,000 followers gave sales a nice boost.
It’s clear Iamaleava has the personality, and he clearly has the talent as a five-star prospect. But he hasn’t played a down of college football yet. We’ll see if he can live up to the $8 million hype.
I said multiple times here. Nico is the true definition of NIL. I really think he has the potential marketability to actually move merchandise and I'll say it again also.
EA NCAA comes back, look for him to make the cover.

VN Store

Back