‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

The haters that say he is coming to UT for the 8 mil are ignoring facts and being a hypocrite for not discussing the Alabama, A&M and Texas deals that went down before Nico.

The haters are ignoring:

• Nico has been looking at Tennessee for a while
  • Heupel’s offensive is exciting and has been showing appeal to top offensive talent since early last season
  • He sees an opportunity to start as Hooker will be leaving as he is arriving
  • He is confident in himself and Heupel told him he will get a fair shot to win the starting job
  • His goal is NFL and Heupel has proved himself as a QB whisper
If you had a child who was a QB talent would you suggest they go to Ga over Heupel. Their QBs are a mess. If you go to Alabama you might be behind Arch or some other QB.

For Tennessee this is great as Jackson is now motivated for the next 18 months to prove himself and next spring Jackson and Nico will be competing for that job. For Vol fans we go into the season with two capable QBs that are both light years ahead of JG.

So did he come to UT for $8 mil. No but it was probably the final really big straw as he would not have went to Vandy for 8 mil!
We have taken the NIL bull by the horns and the days of tiop 25 classes are over. Top 10 will become the norm and top 5 classes are very doable now.

I don’t understand vol fans who are worried about how much this dude is getting paid. who cares, if y’all want to compete again, there needs to be a lot more where that came from. Alabama and Georgia have been dishing out millions under the table for decades. Time for Tennessee to take back the SEC

I don’t understand vol fans who are worried about how much this dude is getting paid. who cares, if y’all want to compete again, there needs to be a lot more where that came from. Alabama and Georgia have been dishing out millions under the table for decades. Time for Tennessee to take back the SEC
Right on. If your program doesn’t already have a way to pay top dollar for a QB, then your program is already behind.

Lmao we are paying 8mil for a QB that we have no idea if they will pan out or not. Look at all the top rated QB’s over the last 5-10 years. How many of them are major contributors? Odds aren’t in our favor.

Also.. not sure we can give the staff much credit for this. Spyre is the one making this happen not the staff. It’s not like they convinced a top rated QB to come here for free. This commit was bought not earned. Had another school stepped up to the plate with that kind of money would he still have chose us?
I hear Vandy is looking for more fans. You sound hurt. No money is coming out of your pocket. Sound more like a troll than anything

We have taken the NIL bull by the horns and the days of tiop 25 classes are over. Top 10 will become the norm and top 5 classes are very doable now.

If it’s true that we’re at the tip of the spear regarding NIL (along with A&M) it’s just a matter of time before UGA and Bama follow. Based on the comments from Smart and Saban they are still kicking against the goads.

I’m entirely assuming here but I imagine that in the past they could get elite level players for high 6 figures at the most. Quietly, under the table they could at least offer enough to make the player really consider signing with them. NIL has allowed boosters to throw around money without as many concerns about NCAA issues so the advantage UGA and Bama had is disappearing. No wonder they are complaining the most.

Eventually they will adapt and I bet it’s sooner than later.

Reactions: Samthebam
I've not been able to keep up with the last 100 pages so I was wondering if possible could someone with the knowledge create a thread that talks about recruits that he's been in touch with or recruits that have become interested in playing with him here or so on? I would be happy to do it if I knew how.

If it’s true that we’re at the tip of the spear regarding NIL (along with A&M) it’s just a matter of time before UGA and Bama follow. Based on the comments from Smart and Saban they are still kicking against the goads.

I’m entirely assuming here but I imagine that in the past they could get elite level players for high 6 figures at the most. Quietly, under the table they could at least offer enough to make the player really consider signing with them. NIL has allowed boosters to throw around money without as many concerns about NCAA issues so the advantage UGA and Bama had is disappearing. No wonder they are complaining the most.

Eventually they will adapt and I bet it’s sooner than later.
They probably will, but the hope is that we would have caught up talent wise or made a ton of progress towards that by then. I'm sure they'll probably spend all season trying to get their NIL programs together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Southern_Accent
The ones complaining about 8 million are in congruence with the mentality of the people who have been calling the shots at Tennessee the last 15 or so years before Danny White came along. If you want to win, pay up and get the big dogs. Stop with the cheap mentality. That’s how we ended up with Dooley, Butch, Pruitt, etc. Y’all don’t know what it takes to get it done on the field.

30-40 yards on a line. Got it.

Magnetic personality and natural leader. Yep.

Wants to be surrounded by equal talent. Check.

Is there a catch to this good news? I’m a beaten Vol so I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I’ll gladly ride this high though.

It’s a great day to be a Tennessee Vol.
Man what an arm

Reactions: Mike4Vols

VN Store

Back