‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

They're scared

According to this article, coaches everywhere are freaking out. Tennessee just put the rest of College football on their heels. Few programs can both carry a big stick AND have the ability to swing it like UT.

They will come after us, they will try at least. Hopefully the contract is water tight, and we have the NIL answer that recruits are looking for.

Swain said it for months, when the dust settles, Tennessee will be a top 10 NIL school.
Top 5

They're scared

According to this article, coaches everywhere are freaking out. Tennessee just put the rest of College football on their heels. Few programs can both carry a big stick AND have the ability to swing it like UT.

They will come after us, they will try at least. Hopefully the contract is water tight, and we have the NIL answer that recruits are looking for.

Swain said it for months, when the dust settles, Tennessee will be a top 10 NIL school.

Hilarious that guys like Dennis Dodd were agitating for years about players getting paid, but as soon as the Vols land an elite 5-star QB… what do you know? All of a sudden, these players are just making too much money.

Sucks for Missouri, Dennis.

1647997130056.gif

Last edited:
Seen a few posts (mostly in the FF, sorry...) with the typical "well, 5-stars can still be busts..." tripe, and wanted to check out the success rates of players of Nico's caliber. Important to note, he's not just a 5-star, top-30 player. He's a consensus 5-star, consensus top-5 player. Here are the only QB's that had an equal or higher rating coming out of high school since 2005.

2005: Mark Sanchez
2006: Matthew Stafford
2007: Jimmy Clausen
2007: Ryan Mallett
2008: Terrelle Pryor
2009: Matt Barkley
2009: Russell Shepard
2016: Shea Patterson
2016: Jacob Eason
2018: Trevor Lawrence
2018: Justin Fields
2020: Bryce Young
2021: Caleb Williams

Put any one of those guys (except Shepard) in Heupel's offense and they'd be successful. Now add in the likelihood of some top-tier WR's coming with Nico and it gets even better.

This gives me the feels. BVS tells me Nico will be that one out of 13 to flop but I’m choosing to believe.

Nobody is worried but you…that says something
It's says some of y'all have your sphincters puckered up tighter than a snare drum, you'd think the very bad Billy Joel joke I made and the "lol" at the end would have conveyed the flippant/playful nature of the remark, but carry on.

Lmao we are paying 8mil for a QB that we have no idea if they will pan out or not. Look at all the top rated QB’s over the last 5-10 years. How many of them are major contributors? Odds aren’t in our favor.

Also.. not sure we can give the staff much credit for this. Spyre is the one making this happen not the staff. It’s not like they convinced a top rated QB to come here for free. This commit was bought not earned. Had another school stepped up to the plate with that kind of money would he still have chose us?

Lmao we are paying 8mil for a QB that we have no idea if they will pan out or not. Look at all the top rated QB’s over the last 5-10 years. How many of them are major contributors? Odds aren’t in our favor.

Also.. not sure we can give the staff much credit for this. Spyre is the one making this happen not the staff. It’s not like they convinced a top rated QB to come here for free. This commit was bought not earned. Had another school stepped up to the plate with that kind of money would he still have chose us?
Lot of what if’s you got there. You always this negative and broken?

Have you watched his film? I'll take my chances.

I'm ready to "bought not earned" a few players like Bamas been doing for years.

Let Lane stand around with a sad face cryin' about how he told ya the NIL would get all the players... "they called me names but I told ya."

You ever watched JG’s high school film? Looks impressive also.
Tell me you don’t watch sports without telling me 😂😂 just shut up n be happy… I’ve seen alot of good high school film this kid may be the best… he is not dominating weak comp his OL is not giving him alot of time… he is not throwing to wide open or crazy talented Wrs this is very good tape… you see a young man that is very composed under pressure has a very good feel for pressure who is throwing wrs open and Is touching every part of the field… he is about as sure of a thing that you can have at the Qb spot in terms of recruiting… when you pair him with the way CJH and staff develop QBs n call plays… you won’t find a Qb that CJH has ever had with better high school film n talent then Nico

If he wanted to commit to Alabama they would have taken him over arch per their 247 mods. . . Let that sink in, and then come up with whatever argument you want to

My opinion is worth what you paid for it on this, but I’d much rather have Nico than Arch — that would be true just as a player, but especially true with the Manning baggage that would come along with Arch (not his fault, but seems like some potentially tough dynamics to deal with there).

Yay, Iamaleava!

8c080bd270c219935f7707fc9f65647d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
Finally got a minute for a quick look, and the first thing I saw was Tennessee commit then who! Then over 200 pages behind. About 4 hours later I got to page 215 lol. It was fun riding that roller coaster! Like digging for gold to get through the mud for those nice nuggets of good news! I am thrilled to get a player rated this high with the potential to change the program. And I am not wasting a second on possibilities of how many things could possibly go wrong. Because you have to start getting players like this to get other players like this. And the more you get the better your team gets. It was funny reading all the posts about how we would not get him knowing that we would.

VN Store

Back