‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

I was wondering when we where gonna take the NIL Bull by the horns. One thing we have is massive influence and deep pockets. If we want the best we are gonna have to pay them plain and simple and we can like few other schools. I'm tired of mediocrity. I'm ready to see my Vols by on top of the mountain. Pay these kids like we can because BAMA OSU Oregon UGA and others are certainly gonna

Huh? If Spyre sports just gave Nico $350k for nothing, meaning he can take the money and go to whatever school he wants, how is that not dumb and inept on Spyres part?

Even if we assume that Sprye wants his rights and would prefer he go to a specific school, if the kid has value potential in any color jersey then it is just a business risk/reward decision. If they have his rights, they have his rights. If done properly they can earn money off a kid in a green jersey to add back to the funds to go after other significant players for a different colored outcome. It is not like a deal ends if the kid does not pick UT and I DON'T THINK a deal can be legally structured to require a kid to go to a specific school because neither side can guarantee a roster spot at said school. On top of that with ONE TIME transfer in play there are NO guarantees a kid ends up where he starts, i.e. the OSU QB this past year. But he has value at either school.

There can be a lot of winking between schools and NIL offering entities, but legally coordinated efforts will probably not be allowed.

me trying to figure out if this means "literally today" or just in general because 'we know what we know' it's gonna be a good day?
giphy.gif

Even if we assume that Sprye wants his rights and would prefer he go to a specific school, if the kid has value potential in any color jersey then it is just a business risk/reward decision. If they have his rights, they have his rights. If done properly they can earn money off a kid in a green jersey to add back to the funds to go after other significant players for a different colored outcome. It is not like a deal ends if the kid does not pick UT and I DON'T THINK a deal can be legally structured to require a kid to go to a specific school because neither side can guarantee a roster spot at said school. On top of that with ONE TIME transfer in play there are NO guarantees a kid ends up where he starts, i.e. the OSU QB this past year. But he has value at either school.

There can be a lot of winking between schools and NIL offering entities, but legally coordinated efforts will probably not be allowed.

The deal could require him to make a certain amount of appearances at Knoxville businesses that would make it impossible for him to go anywhere else for school. They could also likely include specific housing in the deal, perhaps for him to "promote" a specific housing builder, etc. It really isn't' that hard to structure a deal that in effect makes him go to UT, without it actually saying that he must go to UT.

I took minute but I now see that this is the rf equivalent of the Gruden threads. Good stuff.
The Nico thing has more legs and more things point to it being true than any of the Grumor threads.
Again look at the uncle's twitter saying some teams fan base about to get excited and then a few days later the $8m report comes out.
Pics of him, Nico and his brother in UT orange and these picts are days after the visit, not just the campus visit picts.. If the kid was trying to get other buyers I'd think he'd at least wear other teams colors.

But now that I think about it. The Uncle may be trying to also angle himself some sort of position at UT or Sprye

Anyone listen to the VQ podcast yet? I'm in class and can't right now. Wanting to know if anything interesting was said.

VN Store

Back