‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Exactly. We have the ability to change our future as fans. Right now. No more complaining, no more belly aching. Get on board and lets get this thing moving! You al see what it can do. Heup prioritized one QB. One. The guy who may be the best in the country. And we are going to land him not only because, but perhaps primarily because, of Spyre. Let's go.
Agreed! I’m not sure what some people are waiting on. This new NIL landscape is the great equalizer. Our fates are no longer SOLELY in the hands of wealthy boosters. (There may be other locker room issues that coaches will have to deal with). But we have the fanbase big enough to buy any recruit we want. If a player doesn’t want to come to Tennessee it shouldn’t be because the collective didn’t have the money. JMO

Agreed! I’m not sure what some people are waiting on. This new NIL landscape is the great equalizer. Our fates are no longer SOLELY in the hands of wealthy boosters. (There may be other locker room issues that coaches will have to deal with). But we have the fanbase big enough to buy any recruit we want. If a player doesn’t want to come to Tennessee it shouldn’t be because the collective didn’t have the money. JMO

And as the program looks at data analytics, if they see a huge portion of the money coming in as smaller donations ($20-$1000) that add up to millions, it'll probably have the effect of making the program more responsible to the average fans as opposed to solely the rich boosters. As long as they are investing our support well, we'll be more prone to keep supporting. If it becomes another Dooley/Butch/Pruet show... Well, we'll just start golfing again.

I wonder if this has an impact on donors giving to the school. Having people/boosters giving to spyre, do they reduce what they give to the AD?

Reactions: KptVFL
Lettuce go ahead and find a way to convince Nico to just make this public today and commit after we whoop the Kitty Cats this afternoon and make this a day that will live in Vol Nation legend.
That’d be sweet. Not to be a Debbie downer, but Oregon has that NIKE $ and he’s probably going to give them a chance to raise their deal.

And as the program looks at data analytics, if they see a huge portion of the money coming in as smaller donations ($20-$1000) that add up to millions, it'll probably have the effect of making the program more responsible to the average fans as opposed to solely the rich boosters. As long as they are investing our support well, we'll be more prone to keep supporting. If it becomes another Dooley/Butch/Pruet show... Well, we'll just start golfing again.
That's a good point. Instead of mega boosters controlling the AD, the common fan will have more of a say. Instead of power in a few hands it's spread over 1000's of fans. If the team sux, and folks lose faith in the program, donations will drop off. If the team is very successful, fans will increase their collective giving.

Kinda hard when it's sound like the ink is dry
If I understand correctly, just because he signs an NIL deal doesn’t mean he can’t sign another. There is likely something in the writing that says he must come to Tennessee in order to collect the money. And it is likely structured over 3-4 years. So if he signed another deal, all that would happen if he didn’t come here was he doesn’t get the money from UT.

If I understand correctly, just because he signs an NIL deal doesn’t mean he can’t sign another. There is likely something in the writing that says he must come to Tennessee in order to collect the money. And it is likely structured over 3-4 years. So if he signed another deal, all that would happen if he didn’t come here was he doesn’t get the money from UT.

According to the Athletic article, you cannot put in writing that you have to come to a certain school to get the money. That is an inducement and that is illegal. It’s structured so that the collective owns his NIL and if he doesn’t fulfill his obligations to the collective, then the deal is null and void. So, since Spyre is a Tennessee collective, that’s how you keep them to their word.

Yes unless he handed over the exclusive rights to use his NIL to the collective. In that case yes he could transfer but his ability to earn NIL money at another school not named Tennessee would be almost impossible.

And from the article it sounds like he might have done that.

If he signed it, it's saying he gave all his nil rights to spyre

He'd probably have to pay back what he's already gotten though so that would deincentivize welching on the deal. Boogie at Talkin Vawls said he was getting 350K up front. This is why I didn't join in when there was all the blind homer butthurt about what A&M supposedly did and Walter Nolen. As desperate as our boosters and fanbase as a whole are to win, I knew we were as well positioned as anyone to buy a team, it was just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Can you imagine what AL and GA are thinking now if they want Arch, and then add in TX who might have as much money as anyone. It's about to get interesting.
Go Vols!!
It’s about to be a rat race we created and then finished before the starting gun went off. I think the deal is genius because we just took a massive head start to create momentum in recruiting and now everyone else is playing catch up. 4 months ago everyone here was groaning about how we’re behind and it seems like we were laying low to see how the ‘22 class (that we didn’t have a lot of leverage on) turned out so we could make the big leap on a class we could make a true impact on.

VN Store

Back