‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

And when fans see Spyre land Nico, the donations are only going to increase. People once laughed at this but they will laugh no longer. We have a huge fan base. Imagine 200k Vol fans donating $19.51 per month. That's nearly 4 million per year. That's the price of 2 fast food meals, not significant at all. And that doesn't count the big time donors or other donations that are higher in the 1951 club. Just Vol fans alone can sign a Nico and then some every single year if we get on board.

SPREAD THE WORD
I’m already contributing to the 1951 Club. If we land Nico I’m absolutely moving up to the next tier. We need some SEC talent around him.

So if I am hearing what is true, I think the NIL structure that Tennessee is creating is Ideal.
30 Million per Year opens the door to spread the wealth amongst several players.
Sounds like a reasonable way to make NIL happen

Regarding Nicholaus Iamaleava If Coach says it is so then it is so.....
Remember Recruiting is all about the Relationships.....outside looking in these two seem to be on the Sheet of Music.

NIL is not going away and this is the best way to deal with it IMO

This.

Rich boosters aside, is it beyond imagining that UT has the base big enough that 30,000 fans would donate $1,000 each to the collective? That 30 mil without dipping into the rich boosters--just the middle class.

For a fanbase that has experienced the highs of being elite and the lows of losing to GA State. For a fanbase that thinks it our right to be elite and has been hungry for it as a generation wandered and died in the desert... For a fanbase that sees us as deserving to be at Bama's level and bristled when an anonymous Oregon poster called us "bottom dweller SEC"...

This fanbase will pony up from the middle.

If the collective uses this 30 mil well, buys top 5 classes and the staff wins, it won't be 30 mil for long, I suspect.

Thats how i see it.

We can catch up to the top of CFB alot faster if we do this right for a couple yrs. Then from there we keep it going. A combo of Heupel's offense and Rodney Garner's Defensive front can do major damage in CFB if we execute this correctly.

And when fans see Spyre land Nico, the donations are only going to increase. People once laughed at this but they will laugh no longer. We have a huge fan base. Imagine 200k Vol fans donating $19.51 per month. That's nearly 4 million per MONTH. That's the price of 2 fast food meals, not significant at all. And that doesn't count the big time donors or other donations that are higher in the 1951 club. Just Vol fans alone can sign a Nico and then some every single year if we get on board.

SPREAD THE WORD

Fyp

It’s crazy to me that he has signed the money deal but he can still choose an school he wants.

Imagine going on a visit signing a deal and collecting some guaranteed money and then going to a different school. 😂
Nah. The people who write these contracts aren't stupid. Spyre has been in this buisness for years. They will write the contract in such a way that this can't happen. Make a couple of appearances mandatory on game days in Knoxville and there's no way he can keep that if he's in Alabama or Oregon. Contract is then null and void. That's just one example.

The way the contract was explained, he basically sold away all of his NiL rights to "the collective" for 4 years. So if he goes somewhere else, he'll get paid $0 in NiL in future years...that would easily be a million+ dollar punishment on his behalf.

I think it's actually quite the smart way to go about it. We basically bought a $350k option on him. Which, to Spyre, is peanuts at this point.
There you go.

This.

Rich boosters aside, is it beyond imagining that UT has the base big enough that 30,000 fans would donate $1,000 each to the collective? That 30 mil without dipping into the rich boosters--just the middle class.

For a fanbase that has experienced the highs of being elite and the lows of losing to GA State. For a fanbase that thinks it our right to be elite and has been hungry for it as a generation wandered and died in the desert... For a fanbase that sees us as deserving to be at Bama's level and bristled when an anonymous Oregon poster called us "bottom dweller SEC"...

This fanbase will pony up from the middle.

If the collective uses this 30 mil well, buys top 5 classes and the staff wins, it won't be 30 mil for long, I suspect.
Exactly. We have the ability to change our future as fans. Right now. No more complaining, no more belly aching. Get on board and lets get this thing moving! You al see what it can do. Heup prioritized one QB. One. The guy who may be the best in the country. And we are going to land him not only because, but perhaps primarily because, of Spyre. Let's go.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back