‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

He says he wants to make a name for himself and has implied he wants to start early on and leave after his jr year, so Tenn, UCLA, and oregon makes the most sense here as usc already has a ‘23 qb and Bama he would have to fight to even see the field his first two years there. He has a legit chance to be a day one guy at ut as Hooker will have just graduated

Also pretty adamant about playing in the South. SEC provides the most exposure.

Seeing as how there’s a zero percent chance he goes to Oregon State or BYU, he could have just released a top 10

It is either huge amounts of money...or...nope nothing else, just huge amounts of money.

Teenagers are stupid.
Lol you're one of the few people I still interact with here because I respect you, but even you know this isn't a "teenagers are stupid" thing.

Most of these kids will not play any significant time as a pro. The money they can get as a college player might be the only actual return they see from playing football (from a tangible monetary perspective).

That being said as much as the players deserve money in their pockets, it has to be reigned in. Too wild west atm.

Lol you're one of the few people I still interact with here because I respect you, but even you know this isn't a "teenagers are stupid" thing.

Most of these kids will not play any significant time as a pro. The money they can get as a college player might be the only actual return they see from playing football (from a tangible monetary perspective).

That being said as much as the players deserve money in their pockets, it has to be reigned in. Too wild west atm.
I am sure that the players deserve and need something for their efforts they give to play college sports. However, the NCAA and its collegiate members jumped into this with little long range planning. The monster they created is out of control and has to be controlled. If not, collegiate football is doomed.

That's all I am saying. There has to be some kind of protection of competitive integrity or this can not be called a real sport anymore..it is just a garbage exhibition league for a few teams. If we are gonna make these kids pros, then there needs to be a draft and a cap. If they want the money, then they have to give up some freedom of choice.

Also...there is way too much evidence of a lack of critical thinking skills displayed collectively by 18 year olds for me to completely disavow that statement. I don't really think that they are as a whole stupid, but they as a whole do and believe a lot of stupid things.

If you were a five-star QB, why would you go to a place where there is more than ample evidence of misuse or under-use over an extended period of time, when there are places and coaches that have proven they can develop you in a less rigid, more modern system designed to showcase and amplify your skill?

I am sure that the players deserve and need something for their efforts they give to play college sports. However, the NCAA and its collegiate members jumped into this with little long range planning. The monster they created is out of control and has to be controlled. If not, collegiate football is doomed.
I don't see how they control it. The NCAA was told by the courts that they have no control over the NIL of the scholar-athletes. The very basis for the issue is that they do not have any control. The only way to gain some control probably involves the student athletes being considered "employees" of the university. The institutions want that less than they want control over NIL. I don't think the NCAA has a good option here.

No one can control how much money someone can make off of their own name, image, or likeness. This is America.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back