‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

btw, if you didn’t know…we’re severely limited on scholarships right now due to self imposed sanctions. Those will reduce/expire after Spring. If there are names we really want, let’s see what happens then

Also, I might add...even if we aren't self imposing I'd rather not just take like 10-15 and then be in a situation like USCe and are gonna have to tell players to leave. We aren't in a position roster wise to do that like say Bama or UGA

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Our NIL game is weak… be honest. Besides some small apartment deal, what has Hooker been offered or secured ? I thought we were launching a Heisman campaign for him. It’s obvious we are lacking in NIL capabilities.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
Our NIL game is weak… be honest. Besides some small apartment deal, what has Hooker been offered or secured ? I thought we were launching a Heisman campaign for him. It’s obvious we are lacking in NIL capabilities.
He's making 6 figures in NIL. I can't tell if you're trolling or just ignorant

I’d be happy if you can show me evidence he is getting 6 figures. Not trying to be confrontational. I just think our booster support is not as strong as the big boys these days.
Hilarious to complain about people not giving enough of their money away. Feel free to pick up the aforementioned lack of money coming into NIL’s.

To @Bassmaster_Vol point, a lot of our NIL deals are intentionally confidential between the parties involved. The NIL money is there and in very good shape and there is a lot more to it than we fans know.
I think that’s very real and a big reason for ignorant fan complaints. If a player doesn’t blast it out on social media he must not be getting paid. I’d guess a lot of our players have deals in place. Especially these “walk ons” we’ve seen join lately.

I think that’s very real and a big reason for ignorant fan complaints. If a player doesn’t blast it out on social media he must not be getting paid. I’d guess a lot of our players have deals in place. Especially these “walk ons” we’ve seen join lately.
Yeah, we aren't getting these walk ons without NIL involvement.

Multiple people, Swain and AP, have said that we have multiple guys making 6 figures on the roster. But they're just lying guys.

I feel like we’d actually see evidence of NIL deals if there were any to write home about. Besides a post from some moving company. “Name, Image, Likeness”… wouldn’t the supposed companies funneling “6 figures” to HH want that to be public? I’ve seen basically nothing. But okay, I’m a troll for pointing out the obvious.

We are lacking in NIL.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
I feel like we’d actually see evidence of NIL deals if there were any to write home about. Besides a post from some moving company. “Name, Image, Likeness”… wouldn’t the supposed companies funneling “6 figures” to HH want that to be public? I’ve seen basically nothing. But okay, I’m a troll for pointing out the obvious.

We are lacking in NIL.
How about you go find the data out there with details of actual deals for GA, AL, and AM players? Bring that back to the group so we know where we are lacking. My bet is those published details are not out there either.

Not all NIL deals are run through corporations like a traditional marketing agreement. This isnt Peyton being a spokesman for Nationwide type deals.

Georgia doesn't even have an NIL program. They're flying planes out to try and convince people to come run their NIL program because they're still dropping bags off like the old days and realize they're on the brink of being behind.

Tennessee is in a great spot and has been complimented by OpenDorse by being one of the most innovative NIL program in the country. NIL is brand new, it's important to build a solid foundation that allows you to succeed long term, but also build a model that allows the program to shift and change depending on how laws, both federal and state, might evolve as NIL continues to grow.

We are lacking in NIL.
The NIL deals are being ran by a third party, SPYRE SPORTS. The university is not allowed to have involvement. Just because kids are not "blasting" their deals on SM, does not mean it does not exist.

I think people have to come to terms that we are not going to go the the level of TX AM is going and don’t think anyone is. We aren’t going to be at Bama/UGA level either as they and schools like Ohio St with alotmof success attract the national brands right now. We don’t have many players if any that a national brand without ties to TN would be attracted to jump on. Kennedy chandler in basketball would be the guy most likely to attract that. Going to have to focus and beating the rest of the field first like we have to do on field until we catch up

VN Store

Back