‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

For one, he’s really freaking good..

So what? Bryce Young is other worldly. UGA has 2 other 5* stud QBs that may be even better than Arch. And does it really matter who UGA has at QB? They beat the brakes off of us with a freaking walk on QB.

I have never understood Vol fans who say things like oh I don’t want to play him every year.

So what? Bryce Young is other worldly. UGA has 2 other 5* stud QBs that may be even better than Arch. And does it really matter who UGA has at QB? They beat the brakes off of us with a freaking walk on QB.

I have never understood Vol fans who say things like oh I don’t want to play him every year.
This is better. You’re learning to troll at a higher level. You got to have some truth in your troll or it doesn’t work. Nice job!

Last edited:

And that walk on QB won the National Title so your trying to prove a point is useless

And, I'll never understand Vol fans who CONSTANTLY talk about UGA, and sing their praises nonstop.

You’ve never understood that? Weird take dude

I wish people would get over the “walk on” label.
It doesn’t mean squat, just like the 5 star label doesn’t.
Only thing that matters is what they do when they play. And he was good enough to beat Bama and win a natty.

I wish people would get over the “walk on” label.
It doesn’t mean squat, just like the 5 star label doesn’t.
Only thing that matters is what they do when they play. And he was good enough to beat Bama and win a natty.
Nebraska won a whole lot of football games and Big Ten titles back when most of their offensive linemen were walk ons. Now that they don't have so many walk ons, they are no better than middle of the pack. Point is, it doesn't matter how you get the players you need to win. The guys in the trenches are the biggest requirement for winning football games along with the best QB. Walk ons could become really important with NIL as it is currently being used.

Nebraska won a whole lot of football games and Big Ten titles back when most of their offensive linemen were walk ons. Now that they don't have so many walk ons, they are no better than middle of the pack. Point is, it doesn't matter how you get the players you need to win. The guys in the trenches are the biggest requirement for winning football games along with the best QB. Walk ons could become really important with NIL as it is currently being used.
True and steroids help a lot in the trenches.

The blue-chip talent competing in this year’s Battle 7v7 event outside of Miami is terrific. And there probably isn’t a prospect on the eight different fields more coveted than Downey (Calif.) Warren five-star junior Nicholaus Iamaleava who had a strong day one showing, leading Team T.O.A to a nice performance in Saturday's pool play..

The list of suitors is all the heavy hitters in college football, pursing the Top247's No. 5 overall prospect.

“I’ve built a great relationship with Coach (Nick) Saban, Coach (Todd) Monken from Georgia, I’ve built a great relationship with Coach (Kenny) Dillingham who just went to Oregon, Coach Gundy (Ryan Gunderson) at UCLA and Coach (Josh) Heupel and Coach (Joey) Halzle at Tennessee. I’ve built some great relationships with the coaches out there and they’ve all treated me great.”

Iamaleava has been able to make some rounds to many of the programs he’s considering and will hit Miami on Saturday and Oregon next weekend.

“Some of my favorite visits, I’d have to go with Bama and Tennessee just because I didn’t get to visit Georgia when they played a game. I went there in the offseason. I didn’t really get to see the fans and how they interact with the players and stuff like that. Tennessee and Bama were for sure at the top.”

Iamaleava’s visit to Tuscaloosa saw Bryce Young throw for an Alabama record 561 yards in a victory.

“It was great seeing him throw,” Iamaleava said.

His trip to Knoxville included a win over Vanderbilt.

“The fans were rocking,” he stated.

The 6-foot-5, 195-pound Iamaleava sees a fit for himself at both Alabama and Tennessee.

“Everything,” Iamaleava said when asked what stands out about Alabama. “I went up there twice and I’ve built a good relationship with Coach (Holmon) Wiggins and Coach (Bill) O’Brien too. It’s great seeing them. It’s Alabama so you can’t ever go wrong with Alabama and the way they prepare their guys for the league and get them out in three years.

“I love the family environment (at Tennessee). The fans are great. Signed my first autograph there. That was cool. I’ve been in touch with Coach Heupel and Coach Halzle, it’s been a cool six months now. We’ve built a great relationship.”

Iamaleava said he’ll return to each campus in the spring and also get to Georgia for a spring practice.

“Everything,” he began regarding Georgia. “Georgia that was probably one of the coolest facilities I’ve been too. They’re still not done. They’re still in the phase three part. I love Coach Monken and everything he’s done with that pro-style offense, it’s like an NFL offense. I think Coach Monken does a great job and Coach (Kirby) Smart.”

Iamaleava is excited to get up to Oregon next week.

“Coach Dillingham was at Florida State when I first got offered by him. Me and him already have a cool relationship. I met Coach Dan Lanning when he was at Georgia.”

UCLA is a program Iamaleava is very familiar with.

“That’s right in my backyard,” he said. “My family wants me to stay home. We’ll see. I love Coach Gundy. They’ve been there since day one and were one of my first offers so I’ll include them in everything.”

Beyond the schools Iamaleava elaborated on, he is also keeping the lines of communication open with several others.

“Ohio State I’ve built a great relationship with Coach (Ryan) Day,” he said. “Penn State and LSU just game into the picture and I’ve built a great relationship with Coach (Joe) Sloan and Coach James (Franklin).”

Iamaleava is also looking forward to meeting Mario Cristobal for the first time and knows what he’s looking for in a school.

“Just me being comfortable,” Iamaleava said. “These next three to four years I want to be comfortable with the people around me. I’m trying to develop into one of the top quarterbacks out there. Whoever develops me the best and a cool family environment.”
- Wiltfong, 247

One would like to think so but do we? In reality we don’t. Did we light Bama or UGA up? No. Yeah we scored some points but in the end, they are VASTLY more superior to us in every way.

UGA and Bama lose a bunch of their starters every year but it rarely has any effect on them being a contender because they have top recruiting classes year in and year out. That's how they have so much depth/talent around. We have to catch them on an off week, on our A+ game with all the calls going our way until we start winning and recruiting at a high level consistently.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
UCLA is a program Iamaleava is very familiar with.

“That’s right in my backyard,” he said. “My family wants me to stay home. We’ll see. I love Coach Gundy. They’ve been there since day one and were one of my first offers so I’ll include them in everything.”
Long way to go and hope we can overcome the "stay home" part. Crashed and burned on last one that I felt good about and lost incentive for the recruiting process. Look forward to what's on the sideline come Sept!

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
This is better. You’re learning to troll at a higher level. You got to have some truth in your troll or it doesn’t work. Nice job!

Says the guy that complains about our recruiting constantly . You are so bipolar it’s not even funny. You were stroking out on ESD talking about how bad we were. Take some meds Karen.

Reactions: barrylee
UGA and Bama lose a bunch of their starters every year but it rarely has any effect on them being a contender because they have top recruiting classes year in and year out. That's how they have so much depth/talent around. We have to catch them on an off week, on our A+ game with all the calls going our way until we start winning and recruiting at a high level consistently.

I certainly hope we figure out a way to start thrashing them both.

Long way to go and hope we can overcome the "stay home" part. Crashed and burned on last one that I felt good about and lost incentive for the recruiting process. Look forward to what's on the sideline come Sept!
Agree - was a little deflated when I read the "stay home" line, but just re-read that Wiltfong article & noticed the repeated line about family connection (sorry not sure how to multi-quote!)
Wiltfong.jpg

Agree - was a little deflated when I read the "stay home" line, but just re-read that Wiltfong article & noticed the repeated line about family connection (sorry not sure how to multi-quote!)
View attachment 430102
You would think that’s a big advantage for us over UGA and Bama which are more mini Pro team environments. We also know we can pitch QB Development. We have all he needs except any tangible success winning. I assume he will decide before the season so nothing we do this fall could change that. So that becomes the key factor, is willing to buy in on our trajectory and how he could help us take that big step???

Reactions: Rizzo924
They were in the Big 8…then Big 12 when the winning was done. And they always had scholarship OL. They’d supplement them with their steroid pantry walk-ons and had many standouts from their ranks. Iowa has more recent success with that model.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
They were in the Big 8…then Big 12 when the winning was done. And they always had scholarship OL. They’d supplement them with their steroid pantry walk-ons and had many standouts from their ranks. Iowa has more recent success with that model.
At Nebraska, many of those walk-ons were the players who saw most of the playing time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenn-A-Key VoLFan

VN Store

Back