‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

It’s crazy to me that he has signed the money deal but he can still choose an school he wants.

Imagine going on a visit signing a deal and collecting some guaranteed money and then going to a different school. 😂
It’s technically not guaranteed. He has to actually do the advertising. In the contract he can’t do it if he goes to another school

Nah. The people who write these contracts aren't stupid. Spyre has been in this buisness for years. They will write the contract in such a way that this can't happen. Make a couple of appearances mandatory on game days in Knoxville and there's no way he can keep that if he's in Alabama or Oregon. Contract is then null and void. That's just one example.
It’s actually the very experienced lawyer firm that writes it. In this case the firm is in California because I assume it has to be. I’m sure Spyre has plenty of input though

Reactions: VolNash17
If I understand correctly, just because he signs an NIL deal doesn’t mean he can’t sign another. There is likely something in the writing that says he must come to Tennessee in order to collect the money. And it is likely structured over 3-4 years. So if he signed another deal, all that would happen if he didn’t come here was he doesn’t get the money from UT.
They can’t mention a school, it’s against the rules. What they did was own his NIL rights as the collective. So if he goes to another school they can decide to do no NIL deals with companies therefore preventing him from getting paid because according to NCAA you have to do the work to get paid

Reactions: RockyTop140
I disagree. Even at the high D1 level, only a small handful of recruits will get big (or any) NIL deals as a recruit. Mid levels will still recruit the same kids they’ve always gotten and will compete exactly as they’ve been doing.
As soon as a kid proves to be a good player at a smaller school a power 5 school will flash money and he will transfer.

A few thoughts:

(1) There is zero chance Spyre cut this kid a $350k check with no strings attached.

(2) Spyre is not affiliated with UT in any direct, formal way, but they are raising money from UT fans promising to use it for NIL deals on UT athletes, so if they are using that money to pay kids to go play for Oregon, they’re quite possibly exposing themselves to criminal liability.

Last edited:
A few thoughts:

(1) There is zero chance Spurs cut this kid a $350k check with no strings attached.

(2) Spyre is not affiliated with UT in any direct, formal way, but they are raising money from UT fans promising to use it for NIL deals on UT athletes, so if they are using that money to pay kids to go play for Oregon, they’re quite possibly exposing themselves to criminal liability.
Also if we as fans find out #2 to be true (and I don’t believe it is) they will lose a sh!t ton of money by cancellations.

Reactions: VolNash17
A few thoughts:

(1) There is zero chance Spurs cut this kid a $350k check with no strings attached.

Why would Spyre pay kids to play for oregon? Lol. They’re ran by UT grads

I really hope I’m wrong but a lot of people are setting their selves up to really disappointed. I hope he comes here as much as anybody but I’ve followed recruiting for a long time and I know it ain’t over till they sign on the dotted line and even if he signs and comes here he’s still gonna have to compete for the job and there that little thing called the transfer portal and that I’m not a fan of.

Reactions: Dmoney844
I really hope I’m wrong but a lot of people are setting their selves up to really disappointed. I hope he comes here as much as anybody but I’ve followed recruiting for a long time and I know it ain’t over till they sign on the dotted line and even if he signs and comes here he’s still gonna have to compete for the job and there that little thing called the transfer portal and that I’m not a fan of.
The BVS is strong in you.

Why would Spyre pay kids to play for oregon? Lol. They’re ran by UT grads

Not explicitly paying him to play for Oregon, but if they signed him on an agency-type deal (which it sounds like may be the type of structure generally)… and why would they do this? To make money.

I’m just saying, if this rumored deal is actually a Spyre deal, there has to be more structure to it than has been reported.

And when fans see Spyre land Nico, the donations are only going to increase. People once laughed at this but they will laugh no longer. We have a huge fan base. Imagine 200k Vol fans donating $19.51 per month. That's nearly 4 million per month. That's the price of 2 fast food meals, not significant at all. And that doesn't count the big time donors or other donations that are higher in the 1951 club. Just Vol fans alone can sign a Nico and then some every single year if we get on board.

SPREAD THE WORD
This is fact. I honestly haven’t paid attention to Spyre until last night when this story broke. Now I’m donating $19.51/month. I can’t imagine how much more it’ll explode if this actually is Nico’s deal. It’s gonna blow up.

Hendon seems pretty humble and probably understand it's just the nature of the game. He's playing this year to improve his draft status and knows CJH has helped raised his stock and hopefully makes it to the NFL and makes his there.
I don't know enough about Jackson but this should really push him to put in that work and take QB spot #2 from Milton. That could easy get him more NIL this year and if Hooker goes down and Jackson shines the time he's in he's just upping his NIL stock even more.
It's pretty much like anything else with the cream of the crop in sports they get the attention and money. Nico is a legit 5*, ranked in the top 10 of players in the nation.
Be happy TN has the means to go out and willing to pay to bring these type of players here while other schools are sitting back there thinking they're going to still get top players just because of their schools name and history.
I heard Hendon is getting a 7 figure deal too

Hendon seems pretty humble and probably understand it's just the nature of the game. He's playing this year to improve his draft status and knows CJH has helped raised his stock and hopefully makes it to the NFL and makes his there.
I don't know enough about Jackson but this should really push him to put in that work and take QB spot #2 from Milton. That could easy get him more NIL this year and if Hooker goes down and Jackson shines the time he's in he's just upping his NIL stock even more.
It's pretty much like anything else with the cream of the crop in sports they get the attention and money. Nico is a legit 5*, ranked in the top 10 of players in the nation.
Be happy TN has the means to go out and willing to pay to bring these type of players here while other schools are sitting back there thinking they're going to still get top players just because of their schools name and history.
Hendon is going to make upwards of $500k this year.

VN Store

Back