'25 CA QB Madden Iamaleava

“Tennessee, they’re the best,” the younger Iamaleava said following his latest trip to Tennessee the weekend of April 9, which allowed him to attend the Vols’ second spring scrimmage. “I love it. Tennessee feels like home.”

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Iamaleava said his brother’s commitment to Tennessee is “for sure” one of the main reasons he’s interested in the Vols. They’re still the only team that has extended an offer to him, and he said he already has talked plenty with his brother about the possibility of being teammates again in college.
“You’ve got my brother here, so a lot of family already likes it as is,” the younger Iamaleava said of Tennessee. “Big upside to Tennessee, having my brother come here. … That’s what we’ve always talked about — going to the same school.

“After he goes, I take over. That’s what we’ve always wanted, so I feel like that’s a big upside right there.”

“I like their offense,” Madden Iamaleava said of the Vols. “Halzle, the way he develops quarterbacks is amazing — breaks everything down, the stats. He can do anything. (Offensive coordinator Alex) Golesh and Heupel, man, they’re all offensive fanatics. Their minds are different when it comes to the ball, especially developing quarterbacks.”

The Vols like what they have seen from the younger Iamaleava at the high school level and in 7-on-7 action.
“They like that I have a lot of potential,” Iamaleava said. “Me being already 6-3 at 15 is a big upside as a freshman. I feel like that’s why they pulled the trigger. …
“My freshman year, we always used to blow out teams. I always used to come in the second half, put some numbers up.”

At least a couple of other programs have already started to show interest in him. But he said he expects to put himself on other schools’ radars beginning this summer.
“As of right now, a little bit (of interest),” he said. I’ve got Cincinnati, UCLA — just a little bit. We’ll see. … My upcoming sophomore year summer should be fun — should be real fun. I feel like I’m going to blow up then.”
- Ryan Callahan, 247

I haven't seen this here yet, from Mauigoa articles/quotes:

"With Nico’s (Iamaleava) grandfather here, my dad had someone to talk to a lot in Samoan, because my dad doesn’t speak English — not very well, but he tries his best. Having him accompanied by someone old, but someone that has the experience and knows where his grandchildren are heading to, that kind of gave him an idea of how Tennessee is and stuff like that.

I haven't seen this here yet, from Mauigoa articles/quotes:

"With Nico’s (Iamaleava) grandfather here, my dad had someone to talk to a lot in Samoan, because my dad doesn’t speak English — not very well, but he tries his best. Having him accompanied by someone old, but someone that has the experience and knows where his grandchildren are heading to, that kind of gave him an idea of how Tennessee is and stuff like that.
I brought this to attention the other day and got ignored 😂 glad to see someone else caught it tho lol

VN Store

Back