‘23 CA OT Raymond Pulido

I remember at one point thinking the USC train would never stop. This Alabama run with Saban is the longest sustained run I’ve seen.
It is. I don't think it happens without Saban's failure with the Dolphins.

The other remarkable thing about it is that Saban has adapted and changed. He won with a smothering D and a pretty old school O when he first got there. He saw the game evolving and changed with it. That was Fulmer's downfall. The game changed and he stubbornly refused to change with it. Even when he came back as AD I think he was still trying to prove that his way could still win by hiring Pruitt.

It is. I don't think it happens without Saban's failure with the Dolphins.

The other remarkable thing about it is that Saban has adapted and changed. He won with a smothering D and a pretty old school O when he first got there. He saw the game evolving and changed with it. That was Fulmer's downfall. The game changed and he stubbornly refused to change with it. Even when he came back as AD I think he was still trying to prove that his way could still win by hiring Pruitt.
Hate the guy (Saban) but you have to give him credit there. I do think he's getting got the point with his career and NIL that he's going to feel it's not worth it anymore. I see him hanging it up soon.

Hate the guy (Saban) but you have to give him credit there. I do think he's getting got the point with his career and NIL that he's going to feel it's not worth it anymore. I see him hanging it up soon.
I don't think he quits until he sees a real threat of not being able to compete at the very top any more. Let's say that LSU gets it going, Auburn becomes a threat, UT continues to improve, and UGA keeps doing what they're doing. I don't think a 9-3 paradigm would suit Saban's ego.

VN Store

Back