'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

I learned that Saban taught smart when and how to fake a punt or a field goal.

That was one of the worst fake FG attempts I've ever seen. Using your FG kicker as your lead blocker up the middle?

giphy.gif

So Lupoi is on the hot seat after one bad game?

It wasn't one bad game. It's 3 straight games. The defense looked bad against UGA and Oklahoma. Granted, Bama held OU below its average, but OU scored something like 5 of its last 6 possessions. Lupoi doesn't seem to be good at ingame adjustments. Saban promoted him to Co-DC because he is an elite recruiter and Saban didn't want to lose him, but neither he nor Golden (?) were really ready for the DC job.

It wasn't one bad game. It's 3 straight games. The defense looked bad against UGA and Oklahoma. Granted, Bama held OU below its average, but OU scored something like 5 of its last 6 possessions. Lupoi doesn't seem to be good at ingame adjustments. Saban promoted him to Co-DC because he is an elite recruiter and Saban didn't want to lose him, but neither he nor Golden (?) were really ready for the DC job.

I still dont believe Saban gets rid of him. Maybe he does. But just assuming Lupoi is on the hot seat is just a little crazy imo.

Yeah, crazy to think he'd want to make changes after the worst beat down he's ever suffered, in the most important game.

He may do it. Who knows? And my point its crazy to just assume he will. This game was a complete anomaly. An outlier so to speak. It was a complete team loss. That has rarely happened at Alabama.

I still dont believe Saban gets rid of him. Maybe he does. But just assuming Lupoi is on the hot seat is just a little crazy imo.

Well, I agree with you, because Lupoi is an elite recruiter. But the only way Saban may be able to keep him is keep him as Co-DC, and find a real DC to come in and be Co-DC with Lupoi, and hope it is a better fit than what he had this season. I don't know if he can put Lupoi in another position. I had heard a Bama sports guy state that promoting him to Co-DC was how Saban kept Lupoi on staff when Pruitt left, so Lupoi might not stay if he were to essentially be demoted, unless they give him a really cool title with much, much money.

I agree. This was Tosh's first season as a DC, the first season at Bama for the rest of the defensive staff, 9 new starters on defense., two best OLBs and best CB out with injuries. It's silly the way some blame this year's sub-par defense on Tosh and want throw him under the bus. All of Bama's defensive issues are fixable. I doubt Saban is looking to make defensive staff changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: justwatch123
Recruits stand behind Tide after title game loss
FOUR-STAR OLB HENRY TO'OTO'O

Alabama is working to sign at least one more inside linebacker in it's 2019 class and To'oto'o is the primary target. The Concord (Calif.) De La Salle star was in attendance for the game on Monday night and despite the loss, says that Alabama's chances to sign him aren't negatively affected "at all."

VN Store

Back