'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

I just now perused the roster and was able to come up with 31 players who will likely depart. That included the categories I mentioned in my post above plus two walkons who got one-year scholarships. I don't expect the 85 total counters limit to be an issue in preventing Bama from using the signing and inital counter spots they'll have at their disposal. That's only happened once in recent years and that resulted in one 2017-class grayshirt. Saban is a master at roster management.
If that is true then other recruiters need to start sharing that information with the parents of recruits. Alabama cuts more players than they sign each year. In other words your son probably has less than a 50-50 chance to make it there. Hope you have some extra scholarship money in your pocket.

If that is true then other recruiters need to start sharing that information with the parents of recruits. Alabama cuts more players than they sign each year. In other words your son probably has less than a 50-50 chance to make it there. Hope you have some extra scholarship money in your pocket.
The 31 does not involve anyone being cut.

The 31 does not involve anyone being cut.
You can only give 25 scholarships and you can’t back count a current year kid, example- you can’t back count a 2019 kid towards 2018 class. That’s all we’ve been saying. But it’s bama, so who knows...

Last edited:
I'm very familiar with Bama's 85-man roster.
That's great but I have to believe you are counting non scholarship players to get your total of 31. If not you are depending on at least 16 underclassmen and early grads to leave and of those 16 you are saying everyone of those is on scholarship.

giphy.gif

Where in there does it say you can not back count? Trying to find it. It does say:

Football Bowl Subdivision schools are limited to signing 25 prospective and current student-athletes to a first-time financial aid agreement or a National Letter of Intent.

But has to do with initial counters for a specific class if I am not mistaken
25 FIRST TIME. Pretty cut and dry.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
I just now perused the roster and was able to come up with 31 players who will likely depart. That included the categories I mentioned in my post above plus two walkons who got one-year scholarships. I don't expect the 85 total counters limit to be an issue in preventing Bama from using the signing and inital counter spots they'll have at their disposal. That's only happened once in recent years and that resulted in one 2017-class grayshirt. Saban is a master at roster management.
Saban is a master.... Lol good grief dude wipe your mouth off.

does anyone else feel like the word "peruse" is used 1000% more on this message board than anywhere else? I clicked on Cooper Mays thread and saw it, then immediately came to this thread and saw another use of it. I have seen it many other times on this board, but have never heard it used in conversation to my knowledge.

does anyone else feel like the word "peruse" is used 1000% more on this message board than anywhere else? I clicked on Cooper Mays thread and saw it, then immediately came to this thread and saw another use of it. I have seen it many other times on this board, but have never heard it used in conversation to my knowledge.
Big fan. Lends panache to our meager content. 😎

We can ask Tidal Surge and he will give us a full break down on how it's used in recruiting 5* players, who they will be flipping due to use of the word and what recruits they didn't use it with therefore instantly classifying said recruit "not up to bama standards" but should be a good fit at Tennessee........

Reactions: KeepinUpWithJones
You can no longer back count as of the last couple years since the NCAA rules were changed. The only way to bring in more than 25 is to count forward (blueshirt). You can only blueshirt players if they did not get "recruited" (no official visit and no off campus visits from coaches). If a school uses Blueshirts, it gets into the never ending cycle of having to use blue shirts every year to bring in a full 25 (like TN is now). So I would be surprised if Bama uses many Blue Shirts this year or any year.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
A mid-year enrollee can count against either the current academic year, 2018-2019, or the following academic year, 2019-2020. So if you consider, 2019 the current recruiting year, you could still back count against 2018.

15.5.6.3.2 Recruited Student-Athlete Entering After Fall Term, Aided in First Year. [FBS/FCS] A student-athlete recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.9) by the awarding institution who enters after the first term of the academic year and immediately receives institutional financial aid (based in any degree on athletics ability) shall be an initial counter for either the current academic year (if the institution’s annual limit has not been reached) or the next academic year. The student-athlete shall be included in the institution’s total counter limit during the academic year in which the aid was first received. (Revised: 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)

Sounds like you need some new friends.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
does anyone else feel like the word "peruse" is used 1000% more on this message board than anywhere else? I perused on over to the Cooper Mays thread and saw it, then immediately perused on over to this thread and saw another use of it. I have seen it many other times on this board, but have never heard it used in conversation to my knowledge.

FYP

VN Store

Back