'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

Please explain why you think that
1) it’s 2500 miles from home. Unless his parents have some money they will rarely see him play
2) we’re not good and will be lucky to make any Bowl his first two years
3) he can go to Bama and immediately be on a NC contender
4) Washington is much closer to home and a conference contender

I’ll eat crow gladly if I’m wrong.

1) it’s 2500 miles from home. Unless his parents have some money they will rarely see him play

Counterpoint #1: Pruitt is a better defensive coach than anybody at Alabama or Washington, and this is a business decision.

Counterpoint #2: It’s Tennessee. Neyland Stadium. Big Orange. Mountains. Big gold ball in the sky. People who know how to read. Etc.

Last edited:

1 I went to school and played baseball 1500 miles from home not everybody has to stay in the same cul de sac.
2 we will go to a bowl game from here on out.
3 yes bama might be a contender but how would he know on the bench for 2 to 3 yrs.
4 Washington is in the pac 12 and nobody cares.

Not everybody wants to go to bama just like everybody does not want to go to ut. Plus if he went to De La Sale they have 💰

Smdh. Good grief.

1 I went to school and played baseball 1500 miles from home not everybody has to stay in the same cul de sac.
2 we will go to a bowl game from here on out.
3 yes bama might be a contender but how would he know on the bench for 2 to 3 yrs.
4 Washington is in the pac 12 and nobody cares.

Not everybody wants to go to bama just like everybody does not want to go to ut. Plus if he went to De La Sale they have 💰
Could you imagine playing under the bright lights of the PAC championship? All 800 fans in attendance shouting your name. It gives me chills just thinking about it.

Also look at the schedule next year. I think this years team could have pulled off atleast 6 wins and we should see significant improvement next year just off of having consistency in weight program and coaching alone. The only places where we have change it has been noticeable upgrades.

1) It's been stated several times that they want him off of the West Coast.
2) He believes CP will turn the program around and that he is good enough to help the other good players make it happen sooner than later.
3) CP showed him the difference in his coaching the same player than CL, which is not even there now so would have to build a relationship with a new coach. Still it could be only about assurance of making the playoffs.
4) Washington has the advantage of being close to home, but the conference is unlikely to get a team in the playoffs or allow him to play against top talent.
TN has a lot going for us with this player. Insiders are hearing good things. Anything can happen in 2 weeks though.

Yeah, with Washington's proximity to home out on the Left Coast, I have had a nagging presentiment that they are the dark horse here.

I really think he wants to play in the SEC. VQ mods have said it numerous times that he wants to get away from the left coast and lives the SEC. Really believe he ends up in Knoxville, even more now that Lupio is not at Bammer. He knows that he most likely starts day 1 here or at the very least is in the 2 deep. This kid and Crouch roaming the 2nd level on our defense will be fun to watch, plus throw in JJ too. Our LB core has potential to be filthy in the next yr or 2. Finishing with Wright, HT, Russell and/or possibly Robinson,Moore or another skill player gets us close or in the Top 10.

We will make a bowl this season and going forward, playing for a NC Contender isn't at the top of every kids wish list for a school. Lupio was the only reason he had interest in Ala and he's now gone. It's been mentioned many times his family wants him to get away from the area he's in right now. He's not going to Washington.. It's either TN or Ala. It was neck and neck between us with Lupio there and now he's gone and we're in the lead. Hope you love crow because you're gonna be having 3 square's of it with being wrong about this. Quit being so negative and look forward to an exciting signing day!

Reactions: DJ_VFL
His uncle played at Utah. They're pushing also.

The family loved Pruitt. Had a blast and loved the fact that Pruitt didn’t “Promise” him anything. Was up front and told Henry he would have to earn PT and that nothing is given. Even though he knows that PT is up for grabs and if he comes in and gets after it, he will play.

Simon also is CRUCIAL in all of this. People talk about Tosh, but Simon is just as close and regarded by the family and the family knows Simon wouldn’t talk to Henry the way he does about UT. Also the fact that Pruitt and Simon haven’t done any negative recruiting against other schools really stood out to the family and showed what character the staff has on the Hill.

No car sales pitches were used. 😁

I’m gonna say this one is Done. Unless something absolutely crazy happens, or some unforeseen event, this kid is a VOL.

If I’m wrong, I’ll eat crow and take my lumps. But the ENTIRE staff thinks he’s all VOL.

Told y’all I was in a good mood today.

The family loved Pruitt. Had a blast and loved the fact that Pruitt didn’t “Promise” him anything. Was up front and told Henry he would have to earn PT and that nothing is given. Even though he knows that PT is up for grabs and if he comes in and gets after it, he will play.

Simon also is CRUCIAL in all of this. People talk about Tosh, but Simon is just as close and regarded by the family and the family knows Simon wouldn’t talk to Henry the way he does about UT. Also the fact that Pruitt and Simon haven’t done any negative recruiting against other schools really stood out to the family and showed what character the staff has on the Hill.

No car sales pitches were used. 😁

I’m gonna say this one is Done. Unless something absolutely crazy happens, or some unforeseen event, this kid is a VOL.

If I’m wrong, I’ll eat crow and take my lumps. But the ENTIRE staff thinks he’s all VOL.

Told y’all I was in a good mood today.
1548131990589.gif

You are explaining why a random person from the SF Bay Area would want to go to Washington instead of the southeast. That was a valid argument before any real recruiting was started. We now have testimonial evidence coming out of our ears as to how infatuated he is with our program and coaches, but you keep parroting the same stuff. I think you have missed several key points within this recruiting discussion.

Is presentiment like love before first sight? I think you mean prescient

pre·sen·ti·ment

/prəˈzen(t)əmənt/

noun

an intuitive feeling about the future, especially one of foreboding.

Prescient would be foreknowledge of a fact. I just have an ominous feeling that Washington is going to weasel their way in here. But I am usually wrong about such things.

VN Store

Back