'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

The aftermath from the gumps. Phil lives rent free in their heads... Sweet, sweet tears...

I love that they’ll blame Phil but make no mention of their old friend Pruitt.

These kind of tactics are exactly what Bama has been doing to dozens of schools for a decade now.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Bamas class average is 4.5*...that isht ain't cracked bro..I just cant understand why more kids don't see that other teams can win too, and you might actually get to play if you go somewhere else...plus it is getting to the place that Bama fans don't know or remember many players careers unless it is for something bad. You are just another log on the pile to them, when you would be a legend to most other fanbases.

Because of a simple (possible) misconception imo - "Bama gets players to the NFL". Kids eat that shiz up without considering, "hey maybe it's because they recruit the best".

We've been talking in recent weeks about prospect rankings, and what BS they are; especially Rivals (I have said before, I was done with Rivals the day they TRIED telling me that Trey Smith was a 4*, and the #4 prospect in the state). Well...the 247 composite...

Checking out his rankings history, Henry T peaked during his Jr season at #13 overall (and what I'm assuming was a 5th star(?)); and had fallen to #44 overall by the time he signed. And what did he do to suffer such a tumble (31 spots), you may ask? All he did was go out his Sr season and win Defensive Player of the Year in the entire state of California is all. 🤔 What bullsh*t, is all I can say.

Done with stars and rankings and Rivals and 247 and whatever else...I roll with Pruitt and company. If they want Jarrod Means or Kenny Solomon or Elijah Simmons...or Roman Harrison...I want those guys, as well; damn the stars, damn the rankings...and, Brent Hubbs and Jesse Simonton (Gator, never forget it) and Austin Price and Ryan Callahan and company can continue on grasping at straws in the dark.

We've been talking in recent weeks about prospect rankings, and what BS they are; especially Rivals (I have said before, I was done with Rivals the day they TRIED telling me that Trey Smith was a 4*, and the #4 prospect in the state). Well...the 247 composite...

Checking out his rankings history, Henry T peaked during his Jr season at #13 overall (and what I'm assuming was a 5th star(?)); and had fallen to #44 overall by the time he signed. And what did he do to suffer such a tumble (31 spots), you may ask? All he did was go out his Sr season and win Defensive Player of the Year in the entire state of California is all. 🤔 What bullsh*t, is all I can say.

Done with stars and rankings and Rivals and 247 and whatever else...I roll with Pruitt and company. If they want Jarrod Means or Kenny Solomon or Elijah Simmons...or Roman Harrison...I want those guys, as well; damn the stars, damn the rankings...and, Brent Hubbs and Jesse Simonton (Gator, never forget it) and Austin Price and Ryan Callahan and company can continue on grasping at straws in the dark.

To'oto'o is a Baller... Samoan heat-seeking missile up the gut. I, for one, LOVE getting ILB that played RB in high school... they see the holes RBs are looking to and plug them instinctively, because they know where they would have gone....

We just so happen to have signed two of them this class :cool:

Last edited:

I was with you until you started criticizing the guys in the end. Those are good dudes who do their best and have nothing to do with the rankings

I was with you until you started criticizing the guys in the end. Those are good dudes who do their best and have nothing to do with the rankings
I like all those guys, too, Bass; except for Simonton; and I really do like Callahan, have a lot of respect for him. But the guys at VQ, I'm done with them talking about how bad we've recruited in-state; and, in-state this, and in-state that. It seems like they never once realized that Pruitt didn't "lose" Woody Washington or Trey Knox or Lance Wilhoit or Adonis Otey, etc.

And it's a shame, too...I've always liked Hubbs, always...and still do. I'm just ready for him to tell Simonton to get lost, back to Gainesville; and ready for them to get with the program when it comes to Pruitt and in-state recruiting.

And, I know they don't have anything to do with the rankings; was just a broad statement about the rankings sites, and OUR recruiting writers. Go and look at those writers from California, whenever they were breaking stories about Henry, and how well they were written, and the info shared...and then compare it to VQ writers...no comparison!

Again, I like Hubbs, always have (except for his hiring of methed-out Simonton); but, with this staff, he's missing a hell of a lot more than he's hitting, and he needs to get with it, and realize Pruitt knows a hell of a lot more than he does about in-state recruits, and where they fit into his program.

Last edited:
Reactions: AaronUT

I'd like to know what the highest ranking is that each player received at any point. Is there a way to find that info?

I'd like to know what the highest ranking is that each player received at any point. Is there a way to find that info?
On 247, for the composite, if your looking at their overall ranking, right next to it will say "history"; and you can click on it to see their overall history for their composite ranking.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
To'oto'o is a Baller... Samoan heat-seeking missile up the gut. I, for one, LOVE getting ILB that played RB in high school... they see the holes RBs are looking to and plug them instinctively, because they know where they would have gone....

We just so happen to have signed two of them this class :cool:
Running back and some QBs make good LBs. Wasn't Steve Kiner a QB in HS?

It was a good week boys. Enjoy it.
More than once I have told people here that things were going to be different....that we would start winning in these types of situations. This class is just the warm up. We put together any semblance of a winning team next year and the sky is the limit.
I don’t think you’ve been asked, but the StayPuft Marshmallow Man reference? And when I asked if we’d be happy with “he who was chosen” and you responded “not everybody but most will be.” Was that Chaney?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
No they don’t, but they do own their narrative! I like and respect and will continue to subscribe, but this wasn’t their best postseason work...over a variety of subjects. Clueless on any coaching moves, last to know on most recruits...their own 4-8 season. My working theory is that they have little or no connection with Pruitt and their sniping remarks about his offering strategy is at best a butthurt resultant.

No they don’t, but they do own their narrative! I like and respect and will continue to subscribe, but this wasn’t their best postseason work...over a variety of subjects. Clueless on any coaching moves, last to know on most recruits...their own 4-8 season. My working theory is that they have little or no connection with Pruitt and their sniping remarks about his offering strategy is at best a butthurt resultant.
My thoughts, as well.

VN Store

Back