'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

That talent didn’t show up last year. They were inconsistent. Kirkland looked a step slow. Bituli and Taylor were great at times and suspect at others. We have no clue how good jj and crouch are gonna be but to say that a guy playing against some of the best talent in the country couldn’t compete here is asinine.

You have no clue how good Crouch and JJ will be but somehow you know exactly how good Henry T. will be?

I saw good closing speed and play diagnosis, average overall speed and somehow rarely had to shed a block. He almost looks like a stand up pass rusher rather than a true ILB to me.

So in your opinion he's definitively better than Crouch and Peterson? You and 85 tell me, what does he do that's elite? Not being a smarta$$, I genuinely want to know.
Starts at de la salle, Plays against nationally ranked high school teams and shined (hence the high 4* ranking) has great speed and instincts. He tackles hard and swarms to the ball but to answer your question if he’s better than crouch or jj. None of us know the answer to that. But he has the tools to better than both. And if we are comparing him to Russell there’s no doubt imo that to’oto Is the better player

Starts at de la salle, Plays against nationally ranked high school teams and shined (hence the high 4* ranking) has great speed and instincts. He tackles hard and swarms to the ball but to answer your question if he’s better than crouch or jj. None of us know the answer to that. But he has the tools to better than both. And if we are comparing him to Russell there’s no doubt imo that to’oto Is the better player

Fair enough. Btw, never said he and Russell were equals, a lot of words have been put in my mouth. I think Henry is probably slightly overrated and Russell slightly underrated. Jimbo Fisher wouldn't be on the kid so hard if he couldn't play. As far as Crouch, he was a five star ifirc until he got injured, and JJ was ranked about the same as Henry is now. So yeah, I stand by my original statement that I'm not sure the kid would supplant any of our current guys right away. And as much crying is being done in this thread, he won't make or break our rebuild.

Didn't say that, but ok. Think he could be good. Just like Crouch and Peterson a little better.
Crouch may never be the same. We have no way of knowing what he is.
JJ Peterson came in fat and out of shape. Early reports on him are not good.

To’ displays elite timing and vision, coupled with tremendous closing speed. When he gets to the ball carrier he explodes through them.

And he’s doing it vs the best HS competition in the country.

He would absolutely be in the mix day one.

Fair enough. Btw, never said he and Russell were equals, a lot of words have been put in my mouth. I think Henry is probably slightly overrated and Russell slightly underrated. Jimbo Fisher wouldn't be on the kid so hard if he couldn't play. As far as Crouch, he was a five star ifirc until he got injured, and JJ was ranked about the same as Henry is now. So yeah, I stand by my original statement that I'm not sure the kid would supplant any of our current guys right away. And as much crying is being done in this thread, he won't make or break our rebuild.
Russell is underrated and To'oto'o is overrated? How do you draw that conclusion? To'oto'o is almost dominant against elite competition and Russell looks like an average player against mediocre competition. There's a reason one has offers from nearly every school in the country and the other doesn't have any that extend outside of this region of the country. Russell is a depth guy at best in college. To'oto'o is a day 1 contributor barring injury for 90% of power 5 schools

Reactions: 85SugarVol
So in your opinion he's definitively better than Crouch and Peterson? You and 85 tell me, what does he do that's elite? Not being a smarta$$, I genuinely want to know.
What does Chris Russell do that's elite? Absolutely nothing. I wouldn't even say he does anything that's great much less elite

What does Chris Russell do that's elite? Absolutely nothing. I wouldn't even say he does anything that's great much less elite

Auburn and A&M disagree, and so does Pruitt apparently, or he wouldn't even consider using a valuable spot on the kid. I know your butthurt is maxed right now, but try to keep it together.

JJ has the advantage of being on the system for a year. crouch is coming off a injury but being an ee can’t hurt his chances. But imo to’oto’o is more college ready coming straight out of high school. He may not make or break our rebuild but it would certainly help if we didn’t have to settle on second best. Only other thing I’ll say is hopefully he is a vol and we can have this argument in August.

GO VOLS

I know Basilio is not for everyone, but his unnamed recruiting source, "X," has posted a comprehensive update on Tony's blog. In the past I have found X to be a pretty good evaluator of talent, and supposedly has inside info on what the program is thinking.

The Tony Basilio Show

Not a ton of surprises in there, but a couple of things that did stand out for me: Jammie Robinson is a definite take, even if we get all three of our big fish (Wright, To'oto'o, and Russell), Anthony Harris is a definite blueshirt because of concerns over grades but is definitely worth the "credit card" bill if he qualifies because he is one of the best athletes in this class, and Pickens is almost surely a blueshirt because even with a great spring semester he is more likely than not headed to JUCO. Give it a look.
Here it is, u can go to Tony's blog and get the rest of the story
Edit: oops, supposed to be in the Jammie Robinson thread

Last edited:
Reactions: peaygolf
It’s pretty obvious he was recruited over. Pruitt probably told him on his visit to UA that he didn’t have a spot. That was the communication.

Honestly, I don't think he's better than Quavo Crouch or JJ Peterson, so I'm not sure he'd have seen the field much anyway. I did want this kid, but we have bigger needs imo. Russell will do fine. We need to go after Eason and French out at Whitehaven hard for '20.
hahahahahahahaha whatttt

Reactions: UTSuave’
It’s pretty obvious he was recruited over. Pruitt probably told him on his visit to UA that he didn’t have a spot. That was the communication.
lol

jmo but we definitely backed off. Did not want. We had a spot open but realized he no good

Better DL play and pass rush are crucial and w/o it the best of guys can look bad sometimes.
This... LOS is KEY.... Until this aspect of our game improves considerably, our LBs will continue to struggle no matter who is in there..

Ain’t over till it’s over! But we need a good Bama scandal to break loose and the program to be totally destroyed again to get back even quickly. They too stout. It took Dabo like 6-8 years to develop to a level to compete with them. I hope we don’t run Pruitt off before he gets that chance.

JJ has the advantage of being on the system for a year. crouch is coming off a injury but being an ee can’t hurt his chances. But imo to’oto’o is more college ready coming straight out of high school. He may not make or break our rebuild but it would certainly help if we didn’t have to settle on second best. Only other thing I’ll say is hopefully he is a vol and we can have this argument in August.

GO VOLS
I don't think that Saban or Pruitt would fight as hard as they are for him if he wasn't a pretty good football player. Interesting that these arm-chair QBs think they are expert evaluaters of talent which they have never seen play. However, it is off season and people like to fantasize about their themselves.

VN Store

Back