'24 CA DL Aydin Breland

A lot of good players have come out of here in California, but I honestly cannot think of any
big time Defensive Tackles that have went on with great success.

They all seem to come from the south

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Bring all the DL! It’s unreal the talent UT is in on in the DL. It’s amazing what having good coaches can do.

I don’t believe Dooley, Jones, or Pruitt came close to what Heupel, Banks, & Garner are doing on the DL with recruiting. The amount of elite DL looking at UT is astounding.

Bring all the DL! It’s unreal the talent UT is in on in the DL. It’s amazing what having good coaches can do.

I don’t believe Dooley, Jones, or Pruitt came close to what Heupel, Banks, & Garner are doing on the DL with recruiting. The amount of elite DL looking at UT is astounding.
Winning solves most recruiting problems. Having RG and Coach E is a big help too

“It’s just great to finally get out here,” said Breland, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 6 overall prospect and No. 2 defensive lineman in the 2024 class and the No. 1 senior from the state of California.
“I’ve been trying to get out here for a while because the trip got canceled, like, twice, so I really wanted to come out here regardless, even if this school wasn’t going to even be a school that was a contending factor for my commitment. …
“I thought it was great — great campus. Loved the campus. The coaches and the staff members were real genuine. I liked that about them. They were cool. I had a good time.”

He said “it’s too early to say, for real,” how much the visit might have improved Tennessee’s standing. But he liked what he saw and heard while he was on campus.
“I like the school. I like the feel,” he said. “I like the genuineness of the coaches. I like the plan that they’d have for me if I were to come here. And then, as far as Coach (Tim) Banks goes — the (defensive coordinator) — I like what he has in mind. I like the defensive scheme, as far as where I’d fit in.”

Tennessee defensive line coach Rodney Garner and senior defensive analyst Levorn Harbin were among the other coaches who talked extensively with Breland. He said “it was good talking to” Garner “more in-depth” and finding out more about the Vols’ plans for him.
“I could be a game-changer for them, and especially with the seniors leaving next year, I’d come in and I’d find a spot on the team pretty early,” Breland said. “They’d be expecting me to make a big impact on defense.”

Indeed! raked in 72 million so far.

But i meant overall. DBs and WRs, QBs, RBs they generate them like it's nothing.
No you didn’t, you clearly said you couldn’t think of any big time defensive tackles that had gone on to have big success from California. You just didn’t remember Malik Jackson, who was a 5.8 rank on Rivals, top 10 at his position. Being wrong is ok, but don’t backtrack when someone knows more than you

Reactions: Smokey19rt
“It’s just great to finally get out here,” said Breland, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 6 overall prospect and No. 2 defensive lineman in the 2024 class and the No. 1 senior from the state of California.
“I’ve been trying to get out here for a while because the trip got canceled, like, twice, so I really wanted to come out here regardless, even if this school wasn’t going to even be a school that was a contending factor for my commitment. …
“I thought it was great — great campus. Loved the campus. The coaches and the staff members were real genuine. I liked that about them. They were cool. I had a good time.”

He said “it’s too early to say, for real,” how much the visit might have improved Tennessee’s standing. But he liked what he saw and heard while he was on campus.
“I like the school. I like the feel,” he said. “I like the genuineness of the coaches. I like the plan that they’d have for me if I were to come here. And then, as far as Coach (Tim) Banks goes — the (defensive coordinator) — I like what he has in mind. I like the defensive scheme, as far as where I’d fit in.”

Tennessee defensive line coach Rodney Garner and senior defensive analyst Levorn Harbin were among the other coaches who talked extensively with Breland. He said “it was good talking to” Garner “more in-depth” and finding out more about the Vols’ plans for him.
“I could be a game-changer for them, and especially with the seniors leaving next year, I’d come in and I’d find a spot on the team pretty early,” Breland said. “They’d be expecting me to make a big impact on defense.”

Have to hope he takes decision to the Fall and comes back for an OV

I don't see it with Baker but damn if Breland really gets back here for another UV - on a weekend when EVERYONE is having a bigtime event to end the summer - we'd have to be considered a real contender here...

UT seems to be more of a factor for his commitment than I thought. Seems like the interest is real.

I don't see it with Baker but damn if Breland really gets back here for another UV - on a weekend when EVERYONE is having a bigtime event to end the summer - we'd have to be considered a real contender here...
Baker isn't coming here. Idk too much about Breland beside the fact that Oregon is deep in it with both him and Baker

Might want to pump the brakes a little until we actually get some commitments. We seem to get a lot of interest early, but come in second in the end.

VN Store

Back