‘23 CA CB Rodrick Pleasant

Pleasant might have a stronger reputation right now as a track guy, but he’s a legitimate football player as well. His sophomore film is excellent and he made our list of Top Performers following The Opening Finals earlier this month.

His explosiveness flashes on the football field and he’s really good getting out of his breaks. He closes extremely well and was sticky in coverage all tournament long. He's not just straight line fast like a lot of track guys we see, he's very good changing direction and his short area quickness is tremendous.

He plays with a nice edge to him and shows some nice physicality in his game for a sub 6-0 corner. He’s a competitive kid and will definitely be in the running for top corner prospect in the West Coast ’23 class.

We would actually love to see Pleasant see some time on offense as well this fall and he said the plan is for him to get some offensive snaps. He's such an explosive kid and would be a dangerous weapon with the ball in his hands.

His track exploits are well documented and his 10.32-100m and 20.59-200m broke sophomore state records at this year’s CA State track meet. He’ll double sport in college and it should be fun to see what kind of times he can post with two more years of eligibility left.

On the recruiting front, Pleasant has scholarship offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Boston College, BYU, Cal, Colorado, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State, Pittsburgh, TCU, Tennessee, USC and Utah.

“I’m still open to everyone but a few schools I feel like I’m connecting with early are Tennessee, Utah, Boston College, USC, Oregon and Cal,” Pleasant said. “USC is the only school I’ve been to and I like them a lot.
-Biggins

VN Store

Back