'19 CA ATH/WR Horace "Bru" McCoy (Tennessee commit)

Gotta think about the turnover in spring. I’m sure we will have more to transfer out then. So gotta keep options open.

he’s had nothing but red flags every since he’s been in college.
Perhaps but there are a few things I've been thinking about since reading articles....signs with USC, Coach and OC fired, transfers to Texas, coach gets fired and back to USC he goes.....very odd BUT perhaps there is more to the story.
The bottom line for me is I have trust in this staff and the type of player they are looking for, whether it's culture or physical attributes. A number of coaches, as mentioned already are following him on Twitter and Kodi Burns is a recent follow.....FWIW

Honest question for the board....you can only have one between McCoy and Neyor....who you taking?
Neyor. Without hesitation. Dude looks like a freak of nature, perfect compliment to Tillman. Doesn't have questions as far as off-field issues. Neyor is going to be a high-end draft pick. McCoy COULD BE a draftable player. Both would be nice. Would be interested to see if he's considering a move to outside LB.

Neyor. Without hesitation. Dude looks like a freak of nature, perfect compliment to Tillman. Doesn't have questions as far as off-field issues. Neyor is going to be a high-end draft pick. McCoy COULD BE a draftable player. Both would be nice. Would be interested to see if he's considering a move to outside LB.
Bru will be a wide receiver and we will take both if given the opportunity. That’s what big time teams do and that’s were we are headed.

Reactions: SoilVol
So did AK , JJennings, JBanks, etc. Sometimes a change of scenery and a the right system can work for all involved. I’ll trust our coaches and their evaluation.
This^ off-field issues aren't the end of discussion. Sometimes if you get the setting right the player stays out of trouble by removing bad influences, sometimes you have the resources to help the athlete (Taylor Lewan), or the player had only one slip-up (Todd Kelly Jr., Jeremy Banks) or learned their lesson and grew up (AK) etc. It's worth noting and something you have to keep in the back of your mind, but not worth shutting down completely (obviously depends on what it is).

Reactions: Voltrappedinfla
Oh and Neyor who committed is on campus as we speak!
If he likes snow, maybe he’ll be there for incoming snowmeddon

Also, careful bringing stuff from VQ, you might be labeled an insider :rolleyes:

There is a poster on TOS that does the same thing and everybody over there thinks he is an insider. He literally posts stuff over there 10 minutes after the mods post it here.

Last edited:
Who cares about the silly hypothetical…the fact is our staff is pursuing Bru as a wide receiver!
You must be fun at parties... if you don't care about the hypthetical, then ignore it. The conversation didn't involve you anyway.

Seems to me, people are forgetting McCoy can play defense, too. Maybe our staff isn't even thinking WR for him? Something to think about all you Neyor or Bru people.

Reactions: MiramarVol
Seems to me, people are forgetting McCoy can play defense, too. Maybe our staff isn't even thinking WR for him? Something to think about all you Neyor or Bru people.
They are not either or, but McCoy isn't being pursued for defense. This is a purely offensive move. Bru would likely be a 6'3" 220lb slot receiver.

Why are we worried about getting this guy?

Will adding him somehow keep us from getting the defensive players we need?

VN Store

Back