C.J. Henry To Memphis.

hatvol96

That should wrap up the recruitment of his brother, Xavier. Coach Cal just keeps reloading.

That should wrap up the recruitment of his brother, Xavier.

Whatever do you mean Hat? :shhh::wink2:

Seriously though, other than the Xavier backstory, this should also help out this year's team.

I bet Willie let out a big "WTF!"
:lolabove:

It may work out just like us locking up Chris by taking in another CJ - Leak.

Whatever do you mean Hat? :shhh::wink2:

Seriously though, other than the Xavier backstory, this should also help out this year's team.

I bet Willie let out a big "WTF!"
:lolabove:
That's the thing. If CJ gets back to form, Memphis gets a good point guard without burning a scholarship.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It may work out just like us locking up Chris by taking in another CJ - Leak.
Cal making a recruiting miscalculation=Not likely.
Fulmanure botching something=The norm for almost a decade now.

Cal making a recruiting miscalculation=Not likely.
Fulmanure botching something=The norm for almost a decade now.

There is concern that this could work out either good or bad for Memphis in the recruitment of his brother.

But Cal was in a situation where he wasn't about to tell a stud athlete "no", especially considering the Yankees are paying his tuition and it doesn't hit his scholarships.

It may end up being a catch 22 for Cal and not a miscalculation at all.

There is concern that this could work out either good or bad for Memphis in the recruitment of his brother.

But Cal was in a situation where he wasn't about to tell a stud athlete "no", especially considering the Yankees are paying his tuition and it doesn't hit his scholarships.

I can't remember but was CJ Leak highly sought after coming out of high school? As much as CJ Henry? With the rotation of players Cal uses, I am not sure this will turn out the same as it did in Knoxville.

Given Cal's friendship with Carl Henry from his time at Kansas, I'd be really surprised if there's any calculation. If X ends up in Lawrence, I immediately elevate Bill Self to the top of my list of recruiters. John is tough enough to beat on the recruiting trail when all things are equal. With his built in advantages in this case, it's hard to see him missing his target.

I can't remember but was CJ Leak highly sought after coming out of high school? As much as CJ Henry? With the rotation of players Cal uses, I am not sure this will turn out the same as it did in Knoxville.
CJ Leak came to UT after washing out at Wake Forest.

So you think this dudes just gonna pick up basketball again after a hiatus and be a baller again? Think twice.

Cal never ceases to amaze me. Memphis should realize just how grateful they are to have him. They'll be a force to reckon with as long as he's coaching their.

Cal never ceases to amaze me. Memphis should realize just how grateful they are to have him. They'll be a force to reckon with as long as he's coaching their.
They're set up even better than that. Even if Cal left, they could plug Barbee or Kellogg in and keep the program moving.

He was highly touted coming out of high school.

He suffered a knee injury, then transferred here before getting yanked in the UGA game for James Banks at QB.

After having been beaten out and realizing he couldn't even beat out the stiffs the Demon Deacons had at the time.

He had what ended up being a career ending injury. He came to UT with low expectations due to the injury. He got a shot at UT but it was obvious he was not the same player post-injury. The Leak's got their feelings hurt, but really CJ only saw the field in the first place to get to Chris to UT.

The Henry situation could pan out similar. CJ has been away from the game and is essentially running interference for his brother. There is some stiff competition for playing time on Memphis' roster. CJ might get his hopes up too high, only to ride the bench, which might sway a younger brother to look elsewhere.

He had what ended up being a career ending injury. He came to UT with low expectations due to the injury. He got a shot at UT but it was obvious he was not the same player post-injury. The Leak's got their feelings hurt, but really CJ only saw the field in the first place to get to Chris to UT.

The Henry situation could pan out similar. CJ has been away from the game and is essentially running interference for his brother. There is some stiff competition for playing time on Memphis' roster. CJ might get his hopes up too high, only to ride the bench, which might sway a younger brother to look elsewhere.
You're missing a rather important difference in the two equations. By all accounts, Daddy Leak never was much of a Fulmer fan. On the other hand, Carl Henry and Cal have been tight for almost 25 years. I'm sure CJ shows up in Memphis well aware that nothing is going to be handed to him.

You're missing a rather important difference in the two equations. By all accounts, Daddy Leak never was much of a Fulmer fan. On the other hand, Carl Henry and Cal have been tight for almost 25 years. I'm sure CJ shows up in Memphis well aware that nothing is going to be handed to him.

True, but a father-son relationship is much stronger than a friend relationship. Let CJ's ego get bruised and Carl will look at the situation a little different, tight friends or not.

At the end of the day, Xavier will end up at Memphis because Cal can sell ice to eskimoes. But just because CJ is coming to Memphis doesn't wrap up the recruitment of his little brother.

VN Store

Back