BYU good enough for BCS Championship

dooleydiesel28

VOLS=ELITE!!!!
ESPN analyst just said if BYU runs the table and beats everybody in the MWC that they deserve a spot in the national championship game... i disagree i dont think they are good enough to play in that game. Your Thoughts???

If there aren't two unbeaten teams, it may be hard to keep them out... Unless Oklahoma falls apart.

BYU vs. Boise St. for all the marbles: the sound of TVs being turned off all over America.

BYU vs. Boise St. for all the marbles: the sound of TVs being turned off all over America.

Boise St doesn't have a hope in hell of getting in until Fresno St and Hawaii start playing better consistently. BYU has Utah and TCU in conference, as well as the win against OU, and if they beat FSU and run the table, and Texas or UF has one loss, it would be ridiculous if they didn't get in. I think the Big Least should give up their spot in the BCS to the MWC. They only got that spot because of VT, Miami, and BC, and they're all gone, and now it's what the C-USA used to be.

They beat the 3rd ranked team in the country on a neutral field. I don't know what else to tell you.

Seems to me that the strength of that win is diminished by Bradford having played less than half of the game.

There is no way OU is ranked third without him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

they basically dominated OU when bradford was in the game. my guess is this says a lot more about OU than it does BYU.

IF.....they can beat FSU, Utah, and TCU.......yea.....they desearve a chance to play for NC! IF.....there is not another undefeated team.

If every team BYU plays has lost 4/5ths of it's o-line and moved it's RT to LT...plays their QB 1 half...then yeah it could happen.

Kind of an irrelevant argument, since BYU will not go undefeated, and Oklahoma will likely finish 3rd in the Big XII South.

But, if BYU runs the table and Oklahoma does win the Big XII, then I could justify them playing for the BCS title.

Disagree. Oklahoma still got out-played by a good but not quite as good as everyone thinks they are BYU. Okie Lite was overall impressive against Georgia... Yes, I know Georgia was overrated at #13 or whatever they are. But barring any major injuries/changes, I think OkSU beats OU this year.

they basically dominated OU when bradford was in the game. my guess is this says a lot more about OU than it does BYU.

Everybody seems to be forgetting this point. The first half I watched BYU was holding their own and more with Bradford in the game. As you say it shows that BYU is very solid and deserves a top 15 ranking, while once again Stoops squad is overated and soft when punched in the mouth.

The Oline from last year featuring Loadholt was his secret weapon. He enjoyed long unhurried views of pass routes that weren't there Saturday.

VN Store

Back